Are you struggling to decide what the best CRM system for your small business is?
If so, you’ll need to look no further. In this article, you’ll learn all about the best choices on the market, including the features that make them competitive.
You’ll also see how they’re priced as well as the pros and cons of using each one. Let’s get started with what exactly a CRM is!
What is a CRM system?
A customer relationship management (CRM) system is software that handles your company’s relationships and interactions with customers.
The main purpose of using a CRM is to improve business relationships so that you can grow your business.
A CRM system lets you simplify processes, stay connected with customers, and increase profitability overall.
Benefits of CRM systems for small business
CRM systems are a must-have for any small business that wants to stay competitive. Here are some of the benefits:
- Centralizes customer data (everything is in one place!).
- Gives you a 360 degree view of customer data, interactions and transactions.
- Simplifies data collection, analytics and report generation.
- Identifies and converts qualified leads into customers.
- Offers insights to drive your business forward.
- Automate the boring and repetitive manual work no one likes doing.
What are the components of ideal CRM systems for small businesses?
With the vast variety of CRM systems, it’s natural to wonder what it is that separates the best from the rest.
There are several key components that are vital for small businesses. These include:
- Sales automation to speed up processes such as sales forecasting.
- Lead management to keep track of prospects and nurture them.
- Marketing capabilities to promote your company and advertise its offerings.
- Customer service features to resolve customer needs and complaints.
- Business reporting and analytics to gain important insights.
How we chose the best CRM systems for small business
Below is a list of the top 10 best CRM systems for small businesses.We chose the best CRM systems based on their:
- Pros and cons.
What’s important when evaluating a CRM system depends on you and your business needs, but the top ones are listed below to guide you!
The 10 best CRM systems for small business
Here are the best CRM Systems for small businesses:
Method:CRM is rated as the best QuickBooks and Xero CRM for small businesses.
Manage your leads in Method:CRM, then automatically sync them to QuickBooks or Xero once they become paying customers to eliminate double data entry.
This keeps your accounting data clean and secure while empowering your sales team to drive deals forward without QuickBooks or Xero access.
What’s more, is that deep integration with Gmail and Outlook, allows you to take care of customers and leads with ease. Check it out below!
Method:CRM makes it easy to manage all of your small business workflows with features such as:
- Automated lead collection with web-to-lead forms.
- Drag and drop workflow automation.
- Instantly sync estimates to QuickBooks or Xero.
- Online portals to serve your customers at any time.
- 360-degree view of each customer including purchase history and interactions.
- Powerful, two-way QuickBooks and Xero integrations.
- Unlimited customization.
- Reusable email, report, and transaction templates.
- Convert estimates into invoices in a few clicks.
- Several third-party integrations, such as Gmail, Zapier, and Outlook.
- Only available in English.
- Limited to QuickBooks and Xero users.
Method:CRM has three pricing plans:
- Contact Management: $25 per user per month.
- CRM Pro: $44 per user per month.
- CRM Enterprise: $74 per user per month.
Method:CRM offers a free trial with no credit card required. Get started today!
Monday Sales CRM is next on this best CRM system for small business list. Here’s why!
It’s an intuitive and robust small business CRM system that includes multiple functions in one platform. More on this below.
- Import leads through integrations with multiple platforms.
- Customizable Kanban boards and GANT charts.
- Simplified email marketing with integrations and automations.
- Centralized communication to manage interactions with leads.
- Send quotes and invoices to clients.
- Intuitive user interface.
- Great for collaboration.
- All plans come with 24/7 support.
- The UI has too much information, which confuses users.
- Recurrent performance issues.
Up to 2 users can use the free version of Monday Sales CRM with limited features. Beyond this, they offer four paid pricing plans:
- Basic: $10 per user per month.
- Standard: $14 per user per month.
- Pro: $24 per user per month.
- Enterprise: Contact them.
3. Zendesk Sell
Zendesk Sell is built to boost workflow efficiency and close deals by tackling routine tasks efficiently with its features:
Some of Zendesk’s features include:
- Sales reporting and analytics metrics on a pre-built dashboard.
- Email sync, alerts, templates, and automatic tracking.
- Connect all apps to Zendesk marketplace with one click.
- User-friendly and easy to navigate.
- Ability to set triggers to track incoming events.
- Extensive time tracking options.
- Costly for small to medium-sized businesses.
- The number of options is overwhelming to new users.
Zendesk Sell has three pricing plans:
- Team: $19 per user per month.
- Growth: $49 per user per month.
- Professional: $99 per user per month.
Insightly is a fully-customizable CRM that sales leaders love due to features that help you reach your revenue goals:
- Ability to associate single contacts with multiple opportunities.
- Create and customize onboarding sequences.
- Dashboards and reports to keep track of projects.
- Easy to use and navigate.
- Reliable with no crashes and downtimes.
- Poor connectivity to Outlook.
- There is a lag time when editing accounts.
- The user interface could be more customizable.
The following pricing options are available from Insightly:
- Plus: $29 per user per month.
- Professional: $49 per user per month.
- Enterprise: $99 per user per month.
Freshsales (formerly known as Freshworks) is another top all-in-one CRM system for small businesses that want to automate their workflows using powerful features.
- Map your unique sales process with contact lifecycle stages.
- Enrich your contacts and accounts with public information automatically.
- Automated sales and marketing campaigns.
- CRM data is viewable through their mobile app.
- Clean and simple interface.
- Multi-currency and multi-language for localized sales.
- Extensive reporting.
- Good customer service options, including AI assistant.
- Fewer customization options than competitors.
- Minimal social media integrations.
- Strict limit of 1000 contacts for marketing action.
Freshsales offers four pricing options:
- Free: $0 per user per month.
- Growth: $18 per user per month.
- Pro: $47 per user per month.
- Enterprise: $83 per user per month.
Salesforce CRM has built a trusted platform that goes beyond CRM with the following features.
- Customer 360 to support every customer touchpoint.
- Artificial intelligence (AI) to completely automate business functions.
- Track and manage campaigns across multiple channels.
- Highly customizable software.
- Seamless candidate tracking ability.
- Great customer service experience.
- Low control over CRM upgrades and downtimes.
- Can be difficult to use and set up.
- Reports are difficult to customize.
Salesforce, one of the best CRM systems for small business, has a few pricing options to choose from:
- Essentials: $25 per user per month.
- Professional: $75 per user per month.
- Enterprise: $150 per user per month.
- Unlimited: $300 per user per month.
Next on this list of cloud based CRM systems for small business is Pipedrive. Pipedrive provides sales pipeline automation with an easy-to-use interface.
Some of Pipedrive’s features include:
- Chatbots to automate communication with web visitors.
- A live overview of what your leads are doing.
- Email segmentation to reach customers with tailored messages.
- Multiple drag-and-drop pipelines.
- Affordable paid plans.
- Unlimited, customizable sales pipelines.
- All plans include machine-learning-powered sales assistants.
- Most plans have limited custom fields and reports.
- Phone support is only available on the highest tier.
Pipedrive has four pricing plans:
- Essential: $14.90 per user per month.
- Advanced: $24.90 per user per month.
- Professional: $49.90 per user per month.
- Enterprise: $99.00 per user per month.
Pipedrive also offers a 14-day free trial.
Salesmate is next on the list, it is a CRM that’s simple, personal, and productive for your sales team to use.
- Sales pipeline and activity tracking in real time.
- Reusable sales playbook and automated cadences.
- Automated and personalized follow ups.
- Integrates with 700+ business apps.
- Setup is very intuitive.
- Easy to use.
- Multiple redundant notifications distract users.
- Workflows need upgrading.
- Chatbots are not robust.
This best CRM system for small business contender has four pricing plans to choose from:
- Starter: $12 per user per month.
- Growth: $24 per user per month.
- Boost: $40 per user per month.
- Custom: Contact them for more details.
Less Annoying CRM allows you to manage team communications and follow ups with simplicity and ease.
- Ability to customize your own fields.
- Calendar and tasks built directly into the CRM.
- Simple land up-to-date ead reports.
- Easy to navigate and use.
- Intuitive user interface.
- Quick and friendly customer support.
- Limited integrations with apps.
- Missing fields in the sales pipeline feature.
Less Annoying CRM is priced at $15 per user per month.
Keap’s powerful sales and marketing automation is ideal for small businesses that need software with customer segmentation features.
- Automatic contact updates as you submit actions and information.
- Email and other marketing actions triggered by client action.
- Segment by creating tags for contact types and actions.
- Free trial and premium consulting available.
- Comprehensive training on the system.
- Reliable customer support including live chat.
- Complex prospect nurturing and auto-marketing features.
- Appointment setting feature could be more flexible.
- Very contact-centric which makes it hard to manage B2B relationships.
The following pricing plans are offered for this CRM system for small business:
- Pro: $169 for 2 users per month.
- Max: $249 for 3 users per month.
- Max Classic: Contact them for pricing.
On the Pro and Max plans, you’ll pay an additional $29 monthly for every extra user you add.
Which CRM systems for small businesses should you use?
Now that you’ve taken a look at the best CRM systems for small businesses, you may be wondering which one is right for you.
Well, it depends on your priorities and business needs, but it’s crucial to make sure it has all the features you need.
Method:CRM is a popular choice for a CRM system because it:
- Allows you to stay in contact with your best customers.
- Offers a two-way, real time sync with QuickBooks and Xero.
- Automates your workflows.
The main purpose of using a CRM system is to sell smarter, grow your business faster and build long lasting customer relationships.
Using one of the best CRM systems for small businesses (like Method:CRM) enhances your process with capabilities such as:
- Powerful workflow automation.
- Two-way, real-time sync with QuickBooks and Xero.
- 3,000 app integrations, work management tools, and CRM portals.
CRM system for small business FAQs
Which is the best CRM software for small businesses?
The best CRM software for small businesses depends on the size, scope, and budget constraints of your business.
However, there are some crucial qualities to look out for, which includes:
- Being fully customizable.
- Easy to learn and set up.
- Flexible as your business grows.
- Collaborative for your team.
- Seamlessly connects with other platforms.
For example, Method:CRM is the best CRM software for QuickBooks and Xero users because of its two-way, real-time sync with these accounting platforms.
For businesses on QuickBooks and Xero, Method:CRM offers a 360-degree view of finances from the first touch with a lead. Then, when your leads turn into repeat customers, enjoy features like:
- Automated nurture campaigns.
- Detailed transaction history.
- Quick and easy payments.
What is the best simple CRM?
There is no one-size-fits-all solution when it comes to choosing the best simple CRM system. It all depends on your needs and preferences.
However, your choice should include core CRM features and have straightforward pricing to reduce confusion.
It should also be user-friendly, with reliable customer service as well as reporting features. The best simple CRM system for small business does not require much technical expertise and is easy to set up.
Is CRM useful for small businesses?
Having a good CRM system can make or break your business.
The best CRM systems for small businesses act as the central source for client data and interactions.
It becomes easy to track data and personalize the whole customer experience. As a result, it improves your sales and revenue while building customer loyalty.
What’s more, the best CRM systems for small businesses do more than just track sales. It connects seamlessly with marketing and customer service teams to give you a 360 degree view of your customer’s experience.
Make CRM a part of your strategy with a free trial of Method:CRM!
Photo credit: Caio via Pexels