Last revised on and effective as of May 18, 2018.
Method Integration Inc. respects your privacy and understands it is important for you to know how we handle the information we receive via our website at www.method.me and the Method Platform (our online and mobile applications and add-ons).
Personal Data: We (“Method Integration Inc.” or “Method”) collect information relating to an identified or identifiable person, including, but not limited to, the email addresses of those who communicate with us via email, volunteered information (such as survey information and/or site registrations), aggregate information on what pages consumers access or visit and product usage data. The information we collect is used to improve the content and the quality of our service as well as enhance or improve the Method user experience, and is not shared with or sold to other organizations for commercial purposes, except to provide products or services you've requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- It is necessary to share information in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of Terms of Service, or as otherwise required by law.
- We transfer information about you in the event of an acquisition or merger with another company.
Information Collection & Storage
When you create an account, request services or information, or contact us directly, we may ask you to provide the following types of information:
- Account Data: When you register to use Method, you need to provide your full name, company or organization name, email address and password you create. When signing up for a paid plan, Method will also collect your billing information which will include your address, credit card and/or electronic banking information and use a third-party intermediary to manage payment processing, invoices, payments, credit memos and refunds. This intermediary is not permitted to store, retain, or use your billing information except for the sole purpose of credit card processing on Method’s behalf.
- Business Data: Business data is any information you store inside your Method account, whether entered manually, through an import, via the Method API, through an Integration, or by any other means. This Business Data includes, but is not limited to, customer/vendor/employee/other contact information, financial transactions, tasks, and custom data.
- Business Data Gathered through an Integration: When you integrate Method with other systems (including, but not limited to QuickBooks, Google Calendar, Gmail, Outlook, or MailChimp), personal and financial information will sync with your Method account, at which point Method treats this data as your Business Data.
- User Data: Users of your account are invited by an administrator of your account, or by Method Support on your behalf, to access your Business Data, and, if granted access, your Account Data. The data stored includes, but is not limited to, email address, first and last name, time-zone, phone number, email signature and email settings.
- Usage Data: Method collects information from visitors to our website (www.method.me). This information includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, clickstream data, mobile device identifiers, and advertising identifiers.
- Communications With Us: When you contact us to inquire about our services, request customer service or technical support, or request other information, we will ask you to provide the following information: name, email address, phone number, company name, industry, account name and mailing address.
- Posting on the Site: Method offers a community forum and a blog in which you may post information on a publicly accessible site. If you post information on the community forum or blog, it will be publicly accessible; however, you have the right to post anonymously as there is no identifiable information tied to a post other than your chosen user name.
- User Generated Content: We may make available on our products and websites, or link to, features that allow you to share information online (e.g., Method public pages, Method guest pages, Method user portals, on message boards, in chat areas, in file uploads, through events, etc.). Please be aware that whenever you voluntarily disclose personal information online, that information becomes public and can be collected and used by others. We have no control over, and take no responsibility for, the use, storage or dissemination of such publicly-disclosed personal information. By posting personal information online, you may receive unsolicited messages from other parties.
- Surveys: We may contact you to participate in online surveys. If you decide to participate, you will be asked to provide certain information which may include Personal Data.
- Contests: On occasion, Method may run a contest where we ask those who choose to enter to provide contact information, such as Personal Data. If you participate in the contest, you information may be used to reach you regarding the contest, future marketing initiatives, or business purposes. You will be given an option to opt out of any communications not related to the contest.
How do we use the data we track?
We acquire, hold, use, and process data for a variety of business purposes. The usage is described below:
- We use Account Data to process transactions between you and Method.
- We use Personal Data, Account Data and User Data to send emails about our websites, products, services or to respond to inquiries.
- We use Personal Data, Account Data and User Data to provide support for our websites, products and services. In rare circumstances, upon your request, Method staff will provide support for your customers using Method, which will include using Business Data to assist them.
- We use Usage Data to analyze trends, to track users’ movements around our products and websites and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole.
- We use Usage Data, Account Data, User Data, Business Data, and Personal Data to enhance or improve the user experience of our products, our websites and our services.
- We use Usage Data, Account Data, User Data, Business Data, and Personal Data to create “profiles and segments”.
- We use Personal Data, Account Data and User Data, to market products, services and events to “profiles and segments”.
- If you were referred by a Method partner or reseller, we will share Account Data (with the exception of passwords, credit card and/or electronic banking information) and User Data (with the exception of passwords), for the purpose of revenue sharing.
- In some of our communications, we use tracking means, such as a “click-through URL” linked to content on Method’s websites. We track this data to help us measure the effectiveness of our customer communications.
- When using Method through Integrations such as Apps or Add-ins, we retain the email used for Method authentication for security purposes. Other information such as email addresses and sender name is transferred to Method by you on request and is only used to help you find or create information for your use within Method.
- With your prior consent, we may post your personal testimonials, in addition to other endorsements, along with those of other satisfied customers on our websites.
Method uses third party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology required to run Method products, services and websites. Although Method Integration Incorporated owns the code, databases, and all rights to Method products, you retain all rights to your data.
- Account Data is stored in Canada, as well as the United States.
- User Data, Business Data and Personal Data is stored in the United States. However, upon request, we will temporarily store your data in Canada for the purpose of resolving technical support issues.
- Usage Data is stored in the United States, and temporarily stored in Canada for the purpose of data analysis.
Upon request, Method will stop storing, delete and/or send you data within 30 days of your request.
Method will retain your Personal Data, Business Data, User Data and Usage Data for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services.
Method will retain your Account Data, which is required to substantiate our financial reporting to the Canada Revenue Agency and the United States Internal Revenue Service, for at least 7 years after our business relationship ends. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Consenting to Email Communications
By creating a free or paid Method account you are giving Method explicit consent to email you and the users on your account. Method has the right to continue emailing you and the account’s users even after the account has been cancelled.
Cookies & Pixel Tags
A pixel tag is a piece of code embedded on Method websites that collects information about users’ engagement on that web page. For example, pixel tags allow us to record that a user has visited a particular page.
How to Opt Out
Promotional communications: You may opt out of receiving promotional communications from Method at any time by using the unsubscribe link within each email, updating your preferences using the ‘My Account’ portal, or contacting us directly. Even after you opt out from receiving promotional messages from us, you will continue to receive transactional messages from us regarding products and services (e.g., account verification, purchase and billing confirmations and reminders, technical and security notices). A subsequent creation of a new free or paid Method account will be interpreted as the intent to reset your communication preferences to ‘opt in’.
“Do Not Track”: Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that users can set in certain web browsers. DNT is a way for users to inform websites and services that they do not want certain information about their webpage visits collected over time and across websites or online services. Please note that we do not respond to or honor DNT signals or similar mechanisms transmitted by web browsers.
Cookies and Interest-Based Advertising: You may stop or restrict the placement of cookies on your computer or remove them from your browser by adjusting your web browser preferences. However, it is important to note that cookies are required to use Method products and services and that cookie-based opt-outs are not effective on mobile applications. However, on many mobile devices, application users may opt out of certain mobile ads via their device settings.
Rights of Access, Rectification, Erasure and Restriction
You can modify, update, or delete your data at any time by contacting us at email@example.com. You may inquire as to whether Method is collecting data about you, request access to your data and ask that we correct, amend or delete your data where it is inaccurate by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your full name, account name, email address associated with your account, and a detailed description of your data request. Such requests will be processed in line with local laws. We will respond to any requests for access to data within 30 days.
When we need to collect your data by law, or to be able to provide Method products and services to you, and you do not provide that information when requested (or you later ask to delete it), we may not be able to provide you with Method products and services and may need to close your account.
Children’s Personal Data
Method’s products, services and websites are not intended for, nor does Method knowingly collect any Personal Data from, children under the age of 13.
Protection of Information
The security of your personal information is important to us. We take a number of organizational, technical and physical measures designed to protect the personal information we collect, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no security safeguards are 100% secure and we cannot guarantee the security of your information. If you have any questions, contact us at email@example.com.
Method may disclose personally identifiable information under special circumstances, such as to comply with subpoenas or when your actions violate the Terms of Service.
Method Integration Incorporated,
410 Adelaide St W, 3rd Floor,
Toronto, ON, M5V 1S8, Canada.
You have the right to lodge a complaint to a supervisory authority if you so wish.