Sales commissions are a valuable part of the compensation plan for the average salesperson. But tracking and accurately paying out more than a few commissions every month can become challenging to keep up with.
That’s where sales commission tracking software comes in.
This article explores how sales commission software helps your business, and the top five sales commission software solutions.
Keep reading to find out why investing in one is the right move for your business.
What is sales commission software?
Sales commission software allows you to create, manage, and track compensation, commissions, and incentives for your sales team.
The sales commission tracking software automates calculating and tracking commissions based on your business commission model and other defined metrics, such as frequency and taxes.
But how exactly does a sales commission tracker help your business?
How sales commission tracking software helps your business
Using commission tracking software streamlines the process of tracking and paying commissions to your sales teams.
By simplifying the process of attributing sales to particular individuals or teams, sales commission software can maximize your revenue.
And the right software not only saves you time and money but keeps everyone on your team on the same page.
Automating the tracking of sales commission payouts helps your company ensure your employees are compensated fairly and accurately.
As a result, your sales team is more motivated and focused on winning more deals.
Aside from your employees being able to easily track , you get to analyze your team’s performance in real time. With detailed insights, you can even analyze the data to find areas of opportunity and improvement for future sales strategies.
Benefits of using a sales commission tracker
So you’ve seen how using sales commission software is the best way to stay up to date with what your sales reps earn and boost efficiency overall for your business.
Now let’s delve deeper into some of the biggest benefits of a sales commission tracker.
More accurate payouts
One of the top reasons to use sales commission tracking software is to increase the accuracy of your payouts.
With sales commission software, you have a tested and repeatable process for tracking and paying out commissions. As a result, fewer errors are likely.
Your sales team works daily to bring in those leads. So it’s vital to show you’re keeping track of their earnings continuously and accurately.
A sales commission tracker lets your salespeople monitor their commissions over time. If there’s any doubt about their payout or where they currently stand, a salesperson needs only look into the sales commission software.
Think about how much time you spend each month calculating a salesperson’s commission payout manually. Even worse, you might have to start over again if you notice mistakes, like forgetting to track some earned commissions.
With sales commission software, you no longer have to go back and tabulate all sales and fix mistakes that consume your time.
A sales commission management system saves you time as it automates the sales commission calculation workflow.
Finally, your sales commission software gives important insights into your sales team’s performance over time.
The data you generate through the sales commission tracker helps you understand how your commission payouts evolve. This way, you get a better idea of whether you need to make changes to improve your bottom line.
How to choose the best sales commission tracking software for you
Your choice of the best sales commission tracking software will depend on your business needs and budget.
However, here are some important things to consider on your journey to finding the right software for your needs:
Commission calculation: Some software allows you to set rules and commissions for each sales rep. When you have different commission structures and representatives – which is usually the case – this becomes very useful.
Commission scheduling: You can set up scheduled payments to go out weekly, monthly, or even quarterly, depending on payment terms and how your employees get paid.
Commission tracking: Your ideal sales commission software allows you to track commissions and overrides while creating clear reports, ensuring transparency to everyone, from sales reps to key stakeholders.
Integrations: To ensure seamless data flow and accuracy without switching programs, you’ll want software that integrates with your existing systems.
Top 5 sales commission software solutions
Luckily, Method offers a fully-customizable commission tracker to automate your process.
- Powerful two-way sync with QuickBooks and Xero to eliminate double-data entry.
- Customizable QuickBooks commission calculator to suit your business needs.
- Best QuickBooks CRM integration that pulls sales and customer information to make calculations easier.
- CRM comes with many tools, including job scheduling and data management.
- Automates other parts of the sales process, including lead management.
- Customizable to fit each business’s unique sales process.
- Great CRM customization support services for complex commission structures.
- Only available in English.
- Limited to QuickBooks and Xero users.
Method offers the following pricing plans:
- Contact Management: $25 per user per month.
- CRM Pro: $44 per user per month.
- CRM Enterprise: $74 per user per month.
Image credit: G2
Tipalti is an incredible cloud-based accounting management solution that automates the accounts payable process. It offers a variety of sales commission software features:
- Ability to send payments at scale in minutes.
- Efficient payment methods including PayPal and Global ACH.
- Capability to validate payment and banking data in real-time using 26,000 banking rules.
- Trigger payments to your payee base with performance analytics.
- Payouts in 120 currencies and 190 countries.
- Quick and easy setup and integrations.
- Great customer support.
- User interface is outdated and requires improvement.
- Requires additional customizations to meet customer needs.
Pricing starts at $149 per month.
Image credit: Varicent
Varicent is a powerful and intuitive sales commission software designed for companies with 50-1,000 sellers.
- Built-in analytics and monitoring tools for individual and team performance insights.
- Interactive compensation statements accessible on any device.
- AI-predicted sales and payout forecasts.
- Powerful calculation engine that delivers fast results and insights.
- Quick responses from the support team.
- Highly customizable and scalable system.
- Setup and configuration can be difficult for companies with limited IT resources or experience.
- Learning curve to use some of the tools.
- Reports are not user-friendly.
Varicent does not offer set pricing plans. You’ll need to reach out to their sales team for a personalized quote.
Image credit: Xoxoday Compass
Compass is a low-code sales commission software that allows you to set up, manage, and maintain incentive plans easily.
- Quick on-the-go adjustments to any incentive calculations.
- Connect sales and pipeline data with commission tiers for real-time insights.
- Simulation experiments with hypothetical data to improve the incentive structure.
- Great range of features and user-friendly dashboard.
- Gamification makes incentive programs enjoyable.
- Great support team.
- Sales reps can view their payouts in any of the 82 global currencies available.
- Limited customization abilities to meet user’s specific needs.
- Advanced functions may require assistance from the support team.
Compass does not offer set pricing plans. You’ll need to reach out to their sales team for a personalized quote.
Image credit: Core Commissions
Last (but not least) on our list of top sales commission software is Core Commissions.
Core Commissions is an ideal solution for managers who want an easy interface for creating rules and reports without much programming.
- Drag and drop to set up commission rules and reports.
- Core Portal lets sales reps access real-time commission reports and stats.
- Single view displaying every step of a calculation.
- Intuitive interface and rule-building.
- Handles complex commissioning plans.
- Great customer service.
- Lacks a centralized location for viewing reports.
- Considerable learning curve for some of the features.
- Required minimum of payees.
Core Commissions offers the following pricing plans:
- Launch: starts at $12 per payee per month.
- Enterprise: $25 per payee per month.
- Managed services: starts at +$5 per payee per month.
Bottom line: Why you need sales commission tracking software
Calculating your sales team’s payouts manually each month is time-consuming and tedious.
Even with popular accounting software such as QuickBooks or Xero, calculating commissions is complicated. That’s why you need sales commission tracking software.
With a solution such as Method, track commission amounts easily using features such as:
- Powerful two-way sync with QuickBooks and Xero.
- Customizable commission calculator tailored to your business needs.
- Customization support for complex commission structures.
Simplify my commission tracking with a free trial of Method!
Image credit: VadimGuzhva via Adobe Stock