As the year winds down, it’s time to reflect on the incredible journey we’ve had at Method in 2023. It’s been a year of growth, innovation, and — most importantly — enhancing our product to better serve you.
From introducing new, robust security measures to expanding our existing products, let’s dive into the top nine features that took Method to new heights this year.
1. Stepping up security with 2FA
This year marked a significant leap in our security protocols. Here at Method, we understand the importance of safeguarding your data. And with 2FA, we’ve added an extra layer of security to your Method account. Learn more about setting up 2FA and rest easy knowing your information is safer than ever.
2. Effortless repeat purchases with a single click
We’re thrilled to announce our new repeat purchase functionality in the Method customer portal. This update makes repurchasing your products a breeze. As a result, you:
- Simplify your workflow.
- Save valuable time.
- Speed up cash flow.
Say goodbye to the hassle of manually copying transactions. Your customers can simply hit the “Create order request” button on the bottom-right of their invoices, sales receipts, or lists of previously purchased items.
Once you approve the order requests, just sit back and watch as the repeat orders rain in!
3. Get swift approvals and deposits from customer portals
Some more great news: our new swift approvals and deposits are a game-changer. Your clients can now easily approve estimates through your Method customer portal, simplifying the approval process and speeding up projects.
You also have the option to add an upfront deposit requirement to your estimates. Your customers can pay this conveniently through the customer portal, ensuring smooth transactions for a better bottom line.
The best part? When an estimate moves to the next stages — whether it’s converted into a work order, then an invoice, or into an invoice directly — Method automatically factors in the upfront deposit to simplify your billing process.
Now, you can manage client approvals and deposits for estimates with clarity and efficiency.
4. Method:Field Services meets Xero
Method:Field Services is now available for Xero users! Previously exclusive to QuickBooks, this updated platform now offers top-notch field service management for Xero loyalists, including:
- A two-way sync with your Xero software to reduce manual data entry and paperwork.
- Simplified scheduling and dispatching for efficiency and customer satisfaction.
- Integrated invoicing and payments for quick billing and a healthier cash flow.
- A field service mobile app for on-the-go access to schedules and customer info.
Really, Method:Field Services’ integration with Xero is more than an update — it’s a transformation for your field service workflow.
5. Get the story behind your numbers with Chart Builder
Our new Chart Builder turns your data into visual, easy-to-understand insights. With charts that are as intuitive as they are functional, you can now start creating visuals that speak volumes. Here are some of the Chart Builder’s fresh, new functions:
- Real-time preview: Watch your chart take shape instantly with every tweak.
- Expand charts: Magnify individual charts, which is especially beneficial if your dashboards are brimming with multiple data visualizations.
- Stories behind the stats: Click on any data point and explore the underlying records to understand your data better.
- Revamped user interface: A sleek, user-friendly interface for you to build charts in no time.
6. Discover Hub to navigate workflows with ease
Introducing the Discover Hub — your new ally in mastering Method! This latest feature provides interactive demos, including tips and tricks to guide you through your new processes.
With intuitive modules, every step is clear and manageable. Whether you’re tackling invoice-creation or simplifying payment collection, this hands-on approach ensures that you stride through your Method journey with confidence. Stay tuned for more!
7. Easier, smoother, better proposal payments
This year, we’ve also made significant updates to proposal payments. Now, you can easily add and change payment methods on recurring proposals.
Plus, your customers can now update their payment methods via the guest portal. Here, they also have access to service agreements and proposal details. And with automated email alerts for payment issues, staying on top of your finances has never been easier.
With these key updates, get ready for seamless transactions and a hassle-free 2024.
8. Internal notes to keep your team in sync
Earlier in 2023, Method was thrilled to introduce a feature that makes internal communication among your field crew more efficient than ever. You now have the ability to add and view notes to your work orders.
You also get full control over who you send these notes to, and they’ll get an email with a link to see it and respond. It’s that simple!
This addition for your team keeps everyone in the loop and on the same page. It’s all about making teamwork as seamless as possible.
9. SMS reminders for smarter dispatching
And there’s more to come! We’re rolling out SMS dispatch reminders to transform how you communicate with your customers. This update focuses on efficiency to take your customer service to the next level.
This means no more disruptive phone calls or slow emails. SMS hits that sweet spot of being both quick and convenient. Ideal for technicians who deal with time-sensitive matters and are always on the move, SMS communications provide the flexibility necessary to keep up.
With this addition, you can expect:
- Fewer missed appointments.
- Faster approval processes.
- Happier customers.
As we close off the year, we’re filled with gratitude for the opportunity we’ve had to improve Method in ways that resonate with your needs. Looking forward, we’re even more excited to continue this journey of evolution. Growing alongside your success is at the heart of everything we do.
Image credit: Thapana Onphalai via Vecteezy