Compare Nutshell vs. HubSpot CRM vs. Method:CRM
We highlight the features, benefits, and limitations of each of these CRMs to guide you to the best software for your business.
Through our practical knowledge, regardless of industry, CRM is a must for any small business looking to provide a high quality customer experience.
If you’re considering Nutshell, HubSpot, or Method:CRM as your next CRM, you’re off to a great start. All three programs received stellar user reviews and have proven themselves as powerful software solutions.
This guide will make that decision easier by highlighting the features, benefits, and limitations of each of these CRMs to guide you to the best software for your business.
Nutshell vs. HubSpot CRM vs. Method:CRM
The main difference between Nutshell, HubSpot, and Method:CRM are their SaaS pricing models, which range from free to $45 per user per month.
The majority of these B2B organizations’ customer bases live in the US — so while it isn’t the only country they sell to, these CRM products are all listed in USD.
However, the price does not determine the value of a CRM. You should instead focus on the features each solution offers to determine whether they align with your business needs.
Let’s take a closer look at the overview of each CRM, including product screenshots.
Nutshell has a simple user interface for both its desktop and mobile versions, so you spend less time figuring out your new CRM and more time using it.
Nutshell combines your sales and marketing tasks into an all-in-one system. As a result, it’s easier to stay organized and save time.
How Nutshell works
Nutshell is known for its email marketing automation. As indicated by our tests, their personal email sequence tool allows you to create and schedule personal sales drips to better capture each lead’s attention.
Nutshell’s email automation features include:
- Email templates.
- Custom email lists.
- Email integrations with Constant Contact and Mailchimp.
- Sync with Gmail and Office 365.
What’s more, Nutshell has email analytics that make it easy to measure the success of your emails. These include:
- Measuring the reply rates of your email sequences.
- Seeing the number of times each email has been viewed.
- An email health counter that lets you know when you’re sending excessive emails.
Beyond that, Nutshell offers other classic CRM features, such as dashboards and lead management tools.
HubSpot CRM overview
While mainly known for its marketing software, HubSpot has a small business CRM that provides basic CRM functions.
HubSpot offers the features you need to provide world-class customer service. HubSpot has hubs that are great on their own, but to enjoy the full potential of this solution, you should combine them to create a complete system.
How HubSpot CRM works
Our analysis of this product revealed that HubSpot is separated into different hubs, which include:
- Content Management System (CMS).
Their three main hubs include marketing, sales, and service, which are usually bundled together for small businesses looking for an all-in-one solution. So marketing processes, sales pipelines, and customer service all benefit from a single software.
With HubSpot, you:
- Track and analyze sales activities in real-time.
- Manage your sales pipeline smoothly.
- Capture new leads with ad management tools.
- Have an universal inbox for all customer communications.
As the #1 QuickBooks CRM, Method:CRM improves the way that you work in your accounting software to increase efficiency.
With over 1,300 user ratings on Apps.com, it’s clear that Method:CRM does its job well. It helps you manage your customers and automate your processes to improve customer satisfaction.
How Method:CRM works
What makes the Method CRM functionality unique is its two-way QuickBooks and Xero sync, which makes double data entry a problem of the past.
When you update information in your accounting software, it automatically updates in Method and vice versa, giving your team the most up-to-date information.
What’s more, use Method’s Email Campaigns app with email templates and performance analytics to form better connections with your leads.
As demonstrated by our track record, Method’s customization capabilities empower you to create your ideal solution on your own or with the help of a dedicated customization expert.
Beyond that, Method:CRM saves time on tedious tasks by introducing workflow automation. Automate tasks such as:
- Lead collection.
- Sales follow-ups and reminders.
- Payment collection.
Comparing Nutshell, HubSpot CRM and Method:CRM
Now that you know what each CRM software has to offer, you’re one step closer to making a decision.
Let’s compare the three CRMs to better understand each one’s strengths for your business.
Considering another popular CRM platform, like Salesforce Sales Cloud? Think about consulting a software advisor or take a look at our other CRM comparisons for additional advice and recommendations.
- Compare Nutshell vs. Keap. Method:CRM.
- Compare Nutshell vs. Jobber vs. Method:CRM.
- Compare Nutshell vs. Insightly vs. Method:CRM.
- Compare Nutshell vs. Zoho vs. Method:CRM.
- Compare Nutshell vs. Pipedrive vs. Method:CRM.
- Compare Nutshell vs. Salesforce vs. Method:CRM.
- Automatic lead assignment and advancement.
- Real-time news feed for insights into what your team members are doing.
- Import an Excel spreadsheet with leads or update data manually.
- Bulk edit multiple records at once.
- Email sequence tool that allows you to create personal sales drips.
- Mobile app for on-the-go updates.
- Simple, easy-to-use interface.
- No user limits, storage caps, or restrictions on records.
- Dashboards centralize all your business details, so no more switching between windows.
- Custom reporting.
- Strong educational resources, such as a help desk, a blog library, a customer support team with live chat training, and a FAQs page.
- Large range of integrations (i.e., Google Workspace, Slack, task management software, etc.).
The main drawback of Nutshell is that it does not separate leads and opportunities — something that is common among CRMs.
Instead, it tracks sales as leads throughout the sales pipeline. This makes it a little challenging to identify the exact state of your prospects.
Beyond that, Nutshell doesn’t have the same level of customization as other CRMs, meaning you may outgrow it sooner than desired.
- Capture and segment prospects efficiently.
- Manage and organize contacts the way you choose.
- Your choice of live chat or chatbots for support services.
- An extensive app marketplace where you can connect your other tools.
- Educational resources such as certifications and training videos available through HubSpot Academy.
- Several third-party app integrations such as Outlook and Google Workspace.
- Simple dashboard for ease of use.
- Access to a team inbox for easy collaboration.
- HubSpot Sales Google Chrome extension for in-browser functionality (especially useful for Chromebook, Pixel, etc. users).
- Free basic CRM option .
After trying out this product, we found that HubSpot’s main limitation is how expensive it is when you outgrow its free plan. The free plan is enticing, but you’d be surprised at how much money you’ll spend on HubSpot as your business scales. Their prices are out-of-reach for many small businesses just starting up.
What’s more, HubSpot’s customization and template options are limited, making it hard to personalize the solution to your business.
- Powerful QuickBooks and Xero two-way sync for constant up-to-date data.
- Lead gen forms for your website.
- Online portal with your branding (i.e., company logo) for customer convenience.
- Unlimited customization to implement your perfect solution.
- Native integrations with Gmail, Google Calendar, Outlook, Mailchimp, Zapier, and more.
- Mobile app compatible with iOS (iPad, iPhone, etc.), Android, and Linux mobile OS so that you’re always in the loop.
- Automatically sync your data between Method:CRM and your QuickBooks or Xero account to minimize manual data entry.
- Personalized templates to reuse for emails, reports, and transaction documents.
- Full customization capabilities, from transaction templates to reports.
- Convert estimates into invoices with the click of just a couple of buttons.
- Payment gateways and a self-service portal for the best customer service.
For now, you must be a QuickBooks or Xero user to use Method:CRM, and the solution is only available in English.
Nutshell offers two pricing plans. The Starter Plan is $20 per user per month, and the Pro Plan is $42 per user per month. They offer a 14-day free trial with no credit card required.
HubSpot CRM pricing
HubSpot sells its software by hub or in bundles. Pricing depends on your needs and can vary from a few business tools to a whole new solution.
HubSpot CRM offers a free version of its CRM, with upgrades available as your company grows.
From there, our research indicates that their Starter plan starts at $45 per month billed monthly or $540 billed annually. This plan includes their marketing, sales, and service hubs with 2 paid users.
You can buy one of their premade bundles or create your own with different hubs and number of users.
Method:CRM offers three subscription options:
- Contact Management: $25 per user per month.
- CRM Pro: $44 per user per month.
- CRM Enterprise: $74 per user per month.
Method:CRM also offers a free trial, and no credit card is required to get started.
Who should use Nutshell?
Upon evaluating the product, Nutshell is another solution that works for businesses in various industries, from non-profit to retail.
If you’re in the early stages of your business and are looking for things like easy email marketing automation and a simple user interface, then Nutshell is a good choice.
Who should use HubSpot CRM?
HubSpot is ideal for small businesses looking to improve specific processes using HubSpot’s different hubs.
Our findings show that HubSpot is the best choice for businesses that want specific features without committing to an entire solution.
Who should use Method:CRM?
As per our expertise, for QuickBooks and Xero users looking to automate their workflows and tailor their dream solution, Method:CRM is the best choice.
What’s more, Method offers a versatile solution that works for various industries, from accounting to construction.
After a comprehensive evaluation, Nutshell, HubSpot, and Method:CRM are all capable of pushing the limits of your business’ potential and driving efficiency. It’s just a question of which one has the best features to do that.
The most successful organizations conduct a full-fledged software categories comparison to find their best fit.
Based on our firsthand experience, the best way to come to a final decision is by giving each solution a try.
Start your free trial of Method:CRM today!