Method:CRM — The best Nutshell alternative
Learn everything you need to know about Nutshell and Method:CRM to determine which one is the best choice to improve your bottom line.
Looking to push your business to the next level? CRM software can get you there.
Nutshell is a good CRM and email marketing tool, but it may not be the best option for every aspect of your business.
So before committing to Nutshell as your next solution, it’s worth exploring other options that personalize your workflows, such as Method:CRM.
In this guide, you’ll learn everything you need to know about Nutshell and Method:CRM to determine which one is the best choice to improve your bottom line.
Table of contents
Why consider alternatives to Nutshell?
Nutshell is a simple to use tool for both CRM and email marketing. It has several third-party integrations to operate your business from one place.
Although Nutshell boasts several great sales automation and reporting features, it isn’t a one-size-fits-all solution. Nutshell’s customization features are weaker than most CRMs, making it difficult to tailor to your business.
The reason that customization is so important is that as your business evolves, so should your tools. You don’t want your software to determine your processes or limit your success.
That’s why Method:CRM is one of the most customizable CRMs on the market — unlimited personalization to support unlimited growth.
Method:CRM vs. Nutshell
The main difference between Nutshell and Method:CRM is that although they are both made for small and medium-sized businesses, they enhance your business in very different ways.
Let’s take a look at what each CRM solution has to offer.
As the #1 QuickBooks CRM, Method:CRM improves the way that you work in your accounting software so it grows with you.
Method:CRM’s features automate your workflows, manage your customers, and help you deliver top customer service.
How Method:CRM works
Method’s two-way QuickBooks and Xero sync is what sets this CRM apart from the rest.
When you update information in your accounting software, it automatically updates in Method and vice versa, giving your team the most up-to-date information.
For email marketing, use Method’s email campaigns app with email templates and performance analytics to connect with your prospects on a personal level.
As mentioned, Method’s customization capabilities empower you to create your dream solution. You can go the DIY route or call on one of Method’s customization experts to help you.
Beyond that, Method:CRM allows you to automate your repetitive and tedious tasks, such as:
- Lead collection.
- Sales follow-ups.
- Payment collection.
Finally, seamlessly merge Method:CRM into your workflow by taking advantage of several third-party integrations with the tools you already use and love, such as Google Calendar and Outlook.
Image credit: Nutshell
Nutshell is known for its simple user interface that makes it easy to learn, so you can hit the ground running.
Use Nutshell to combine your sales and marketing tasks into one system. As a result, it’s easier to stay organized and save time.
How Nutshell works
Nutshell’s top feature is email marketing automation. They have a personal email sequence tool that allows you to create and schedule one-on-one sales drips to better capture each lead’s attention.
Nutshell gives you the email features you’d expect from a software solution, including:
- Email templates.
- Custom email lists.
- Email integrations with Constant Contact and Mailchimp.
- Sync with Gmail and Office 365.
What’s more, Nutshell gives you ample data to measure how effective your emails are. Nutshell’s top email analytics features include:
- Measuring the reply rates of your email sequences.
- Seeing how many times each email has been viewed.
- An email health counter that lets you know when you’re sending too many emails.
Beyond that, Nutshell offers the CRM features you expect, such as lead management tools and detailed dashboards.
However, it does fall short on certain aspects, such as customization. Full customization can only be done on reports.
Comparing Method:CRM and Nutshell
With these two CRM options in mind, it’s time to compare Method:CRM and Nutshell to determine the best solution for your business.
Interested in comparing other CRMs? Check out these articles:
- The best Insightly alternative.
- The best Zoho alternative.
- The best Pipedrive alternative.
- The best Salesforce alternative.
- The best HubSpot alternative.
- The best Keap alternative.
- The best Jobber alternative.
- QuickBooks and Xero two-way sync so your data is always up to date.
- Lead gen forms to embed on your website.
- Online portal for a simplified customer experience.
- Unlimited customization to tailor your perfect solution.
- Native integrations with Gmail, Outlook, Mailchimp, Zapier, and more.
- Mobile app so that you’re always in the loop.
- Automatically sync your data between Method:CRM and your QuickBooks or Xero account to save time and improve accuracy.
- Personalized templates to reuse for emails, reports, and transaction documents.
- Customize every aspect of your workflow from transaction templates to reports.
- Convert estimates into invoices with a few clicks.
- Payment gateways and a self-service portal to give your customer added flexibility.
For now, you must be a QuickBooks or Xero user to use Method:CRM and the solution is only available in English.
- Automatic lead assignment and advancement.
- A news feed that lets you know what your team members are doing.
- Import an Excel spreadsheet with leads or update data manually.
- Bulk edit feature to modify multiple records at once.
- Email sequence tool that allows you to create one-on-one sales drips.
- Mobile app for on-the-go updates.
- Simple interface for ease of use.
- No user limits, storage caps, or restrictions on records.
- Detailed dashboards for an at-a-glance view.
- Custom reporting.
- Wide range of integrations.
Unlike other CRMS, Nutshell does not separate leads and opportunities. Instead, it tracks sales as leads throughout the sales pipeline. This makes it a little tricky to identify the exact state of your prospects.
What’s more, Nutshell doesn’t have the same level of customization as other CRMs. This makes it a less desirable CRM solution for businesses aiming to scale up.
Method offers three subscription options:
- Contact Management: $25 per user per month.
- CRM Pro: $44 per user per month.
- CRM Enterprise: $74 per user per month.
Method also offers a free free trial, and no credit card is required.
Nutshell offers two pricing plans. The Starter Plan is $20 per user per month, and the Pro Plan is $42 per user per month. They offer a 14-day free trial with no credit card required.
Who should use Method:CRM?
For QuickBooks and Xero users looking for a solution to automate their workflow end-to-end, Method:CRM is the best choice.
What’s more, Method offers a versatile solution that works for a variety of industries, from accounting to construction.
Who should use Nutshell?
Nutshell is another solution that works for a range of industries, from retail to advertising.
Although its CRM functionalities aren’t the most powerful, if you want easy email marketing automation, then Nutshell is a strong contender.
Method:CRM and Nutshell are both top CRM solutions worth considering. Nutshell can quickly get your email marketing automation into shape, while QuickBooks and Xero users can take advantage of Method:CRM’s powerful two-way sync.
The best way to find the best CRM is to try them out for yourself.
Start with a free trial of Method:CRM.