BETA Copy / Import screen tool
This article contains info for existing Method Partners!
What is this beta program?
A new beta that allows users to copy/import Method screens from one Method account to another Method account is now available to Partners within the Partner portal under the beta program tab.
Accessing the beta program
- Log into the Partner portal (click for help)
- Click the Beta Programs tab
- Find the Method Copy/Import Screen Tool beta
- Clicking View Help will bring you back to this article
- Clicking Give Feedback allows Partners to send feedback to Method
Accessing the beta will take you to the following screen for use.
As the name suggests, the copy/import screen tool allows users to copy screens from a source Method account to another Method account but there are some important requirements, restrictions, and notes.
- In order to use the tool, the Method user (specifically the email address used to log in) must be an active user in both the source and destination Method accounts.
- Admin permissions on the account and/or Customization permissions in both the source and destination Method Apps is are required to import the screen.
- The source Method account cannot be the same as the destination Method account. In other words, you cannot copy a screen within the same Method account.
- If the source app is a stock app built by Method or our 3rd party stock app, the destination app will have to be the same stock app. In other words, you cannot copy a screen from a stock app to a different app.
Things To Note
- If the source screen is built on or uses tables/fields that the destination account does not have, the import process will automatically create the same tables and fields in the destination account.
- The process copies a single screen. Therefore, any Go To Screen actions within your copied screen that reference other custom screens will need to be manually updated. Any Go To Screen actions that point stock app screens will will continue work fine.
- Once successfully imported, there could be a waiting period of approximately 5 mins before the new screen is fully generated and available to be used in the destination account.