Assign value to shared result
This action works much like Assign value to action result, only a Shared Result can be used anywhere in Method - not just in the control it's assigned to!
- Assign the value: This is a value you wish to temporarily store in memory. This value can be manually typed in, or retrieved from Method itself.
- Give it a name: This is name you will give the action result so it can be referenced later on.
With this action, you can add more shared results to set with + Add another action result.
Shared Result Considerations
Shared results should be used sparingly. In most cases, it is not suitable for use due to its difficulty to debug and maintain.
- Be descriptive when naming shared results
i.e. "result" is not helpful but "resultContactName" is
- Unlike action results, in order to reference the shared result you need to manually type in its name
- Because shared results can be referenced from anywhere, there is no easy way to determine its source
- Because shared results are saved throughout the session, it may require manual clearing
- Although there is no character limit for a shared result, there is a maximum of 10,000 characters that can be displayed using the action Show message