When everything is prepared, you are given several options.
- Save and Back: Save everything you've set up for your email campaign and returns you to the Campaign List screen, but does not send the emails.
- Send Test Emails: Chooses the first five contacts in your list and generates emails for them, but does not send them to the contacts. The test emails are sent to the assigned user's email address, so that user can see the mail merge function in action (the Preview option does not show mail merge data).
- Send Emails: Sends the emails to the intended recipients.
A few notes about sending emails:
- The emails are sent to your server in a queue and will be sent from there. Therefore, larger batches of emails may take longer to send.
- Once you click Send Emails, the send process cannot be paused or stopped without closing the browser tab or disconnecting from the internet.
- If the send process is interrupted, Method will automatically start sending the emails once the process is resumed. Method remembers how many emails were sent before the interruption (e.g. 250 of 500 emails sent) and will resume the process at the same point (e.g. at email 251).
- Save: This saves everything you've set up and will not send the emails, but leaves you on this screen.
When you click Send Emails, you are prompted with an "Are you sure" message. Click OK to continue.
You must leave the browser tab open until the send is complete, or the send process will be interrupted.
Once the send is complete, you are returned to the Email Campaign screen, where you can see updates to your checklist.
The checklist shows you the following information:
- Confirmation that your email was sent
- Total number of contacts you selected to send the email to
- Total number of emails sent (which will notify you if not all of the emails were sent successfully)
- Total number of contacts who clicked unsubscribe on this email (this number continually updates as long as this campaign is saved in Method)
This is a particularly powerful feature because it provides valuable insight about the success of your campaign.
By looking at the number of contacts who unsubscribed after receiving this email, you can evaluate the effectiveness of your messaging, which can help improve future campaigns.
This number consistently updates over time.
Best of all, as long as you save this campaign in Method, this information will always be available to you.
And that's it! You've successfully completed your first email campaign with Method's Email Campaigns App. Congratulations!