Create a campaign
Before you start sending emails to your customers and leads, you must create the email campaign to be saved in Method. This record can later be used elsewhere (e.g. when creating a lead, you can cite this campaign as a source). The following steps will show you how to create a new email campaign in Method's Email Campaigns App.
Create a new campaign
- From your Method dashboard, click New on your Email Campaigns App. This opens the Campaign screen.
All fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
- Give your campaign a descriptive name (e.g. March fundraiser).
- Assign a Method user to the campaign. By default, the user signed in is selected.
- Give the campaign a status. By default, the status is set to planned.
- Aborted - Campaign will not be sent out.
- Completed - Campaign has been sent out. When saved, the campaign will no longer be editable.
- In Progress - Campaign is still in progress.
- Planned - Campaign will be launched at a future date. Note, you cannot schedule a campaign to automatically send. This will need to be manually kept track of.
- Assign a start and end date for information purposes only. If you set the start date for the future, pressing Send Emails will still send the emails regardless of this date.
- Give context to your campaign by giving a description.
- When you are finished, click Save to save your changes.
Duplicate an existing campaign
You are also given the option to Duplicate a campaign you have already created. This can be helpful for recurring campaigns like yearly fundraisers or monthly newsletters wherein you want to send the same information to the same people.
- From your Method dashboard, click Ongoing on your Email Campaigns App. This opens the Existing Campaigns List.
- Select the campaign you wish to duplicate.
- On the Campaign screen, click Duplicate. A confirmation window pops up, informing you the campaign has been duplicated.
- You are returned to your Existing Campaigns List. Select the duplicate campaign.
All information from that campaign, including email content and your mailing list from that campaign, are duplicated. The campaign is given the title Copy Of [Campaign Name].
Campaign information can now be updated from the Campaign screen as described from step 2 onward above. Email content and the mailing list can also be updated from the requisite screens.
You have now created a record of your campaign (or your duplicate campaign), which can be accessed in dropdowns throughout Method and viewed in the Campaign List screen. However, you have not yet set up your email to go out to your contacts. To learn how to set up your email, click here.