Create a Sales Receipt
The following steps will show you how to create a new sales receipt in the Method Sales Receipts App.
- Click New on your Sales Receipts App, or click New Sales Receipt from your Sales Receipt List. This opens your New Sales Receipt screen.
- Choose a customer to associate with this receipt. This opens up more fields to be filled out.
- The top will show the total, the customer, as well as an app ribbon to associate activities with this sales receipt:
- The following fields are optional:
- Sale #: Will be auto-calculated either by QuickBooks or Method if left blank.
- Date: Date of transaction
- Ship method: Determine how the product will be shipped, if applicable.
- Sales rep (QBDT only): Assign a sales rep.
- Payment Method: Type of payment
- Check #: Assign a check number if applicable.
- P.O. Number: Assign a check number if applicable.
- Deposit to Account: Choose the bank account the payment will initially be deposited in. This field is populated by QuickBooks.
- Tags: Label and categorize your transaction. (See Tags.)
- To be emailed in QuickBooks: Flags the sales receipt in QuickBooks as "to be emailed"; group and email multiple sales orders in QuickBooks.
- To be printed in QuickBooks: Flags the sales receipt in QuickBooks as "to be printed"; group and print multiple sales orders in QuickBooks.
- Wait for approval before syncing: Prevents the sales receipt from syncing to QuickBooks until a user unchecks this option and saves.
- Mark as pending: Flags the sales receipt in QuickBooks as "pending"; do not send this receipt to the customer yet.
- To add QuickBooks items to this receipt, add them directly in the grid. To add more lines, select the Add Lines button.
If you are viewing on mobile, adding new items is done via a separate screen.
- When you have finished your receipt, click Save.
This sales receipt is now visible in your Sales Receipt List. You can also choose to print or delete this receipt.
Deleting a sales receipt cannot be undone.