Create a basic email template
Even though Method comes with stock email templates, the whole point of Method is to tailor your CRM experience to your business practices, so we’ve included an option to create a new email template.
The following steps will show you how to create a basic email template without using mail merge. If you want to learn about using mail merge, click here.
- From your Method dashboard click Templates on your Send Email App. This opens your Email Template List, which displays all templates currently saved in Method.
- Click New Email Template to open the New/Edit Email Template screen.
- Choose a descriptive name (e.g. “Maintenance Notification”).
- Assign the template to a Method user. By default, this template is assigned to the user signed in.
- Add an email recipient (“To”), a default sender (“From”) and copy or blind-copy recipients (“CC”, “BCC”) if applicable.
- Choose a subject for the email.
- Fill in the body of the email using the text editor.
- In order for your email template to be accessible in Method, it must be active. If it is inactive, it will only appear in the inactive and allfilters in the Email Template List.
Making a template hidden is not the same as making it inactive. Some templates are specific to Method-generated emails (like notifications to users). Method can access active, hidden template for Method-generated emails, but users won’t see it in dropdowns.
- Choose a category that reflects the purpose of this template, or the department it's most likely to be used by.
- Cick Save to save your new email template. If the template is active, it will be available throughout Method.