Calculate Currency Conversion
For QBO Accounts enabled with multi-currency
Note! Even though it may be visible on your account, this action will only work on QuickBooks Online
with Multi-Currency enabled
The Calculate Currency Conversion action will convert an amount using a given exchange rate. This exchange rate is normally retrieved using the Retrieve Exchange Rate action.
- Amount - The amount to convert.
- Exchange Rate - The exchange rate to base the conversion on. This is retrieved using the Retrieve Exchange Rate action.
- Conversion Direction - Either to the Company's home currency, or from it.
- Place the Value Here - Where to store the resulting converted currency.
For a real life example, you may check any transaction page on a multi-currency enabled QuickBooks Online account.
In the below example, we will assume a customer has been selected in a transaction with the following controls visible on screen: Customer, Transaction Date (TxnDate), Amount.
- Using the action Retrieve Values From Table, the currency code is retrieved from a customer and placed into an action result called resultCustomerCurrencyCode. Note the display of the Currency field is retrieved, not its Record ID:
- Using the action Retrieve Exchange Rate, we will use the currency code retrieved above and the TxnDate to get the exchange rate and place it into the action result resultExchangeRate:
- Using the action Calculate Currency Conversion, we can now convert the Amount and place it into an action result of our choice: