Assign value to action result
An action result is a way to temporarily remember and recall a custom value.
One way to give an action result a value is to use the action Assign value to action result.
- Assign the value: This is a value you wish to temporarily store in memory. This value can be manually typed in, or retrieved from Method itself.
- Give it a name: This is name you will give the action result so it can be referenced later on.
With this action, you can add more action results to set with + Add another action result.
When would we use it?
Action results are a basic function of app customization. As such, it is built into a number other actions. For example, the Math Function action will calculate two values and store the result in an action result.
Typically, Assign value to action result is used to clear an action result of a value, or initialize an action result to a start value. For example, you can use an action result as a counter and you would use Assign value to action result to start the counter at zero.
Action Result Considerations
- Be descriptive when naming action results
i.e. "result" is not helpful but "resultContactName" is
- Action results only exist in the event they are created in
i.e. an action result in one button is not visible in another button
- Action results are temporary
i.e. navigating to a different screen will erase the action result
- Although there is no character limit for an action result, there is a maximum of 10,000 characters that can be displayed using the action Show message