A portal is a Method guest page where your guests, such as customers, are provided with a dedicated and secure web page to access information shared with them. Once logged in, these guests or contacts can:
- Access and update their account details
- View and print transactions
- Make payments to your company
- And more depending on your Method subscription
The portal navigation object gives the guests a menu bar to navigate the multiple screens that make up their portal.
Configuring the Portal Navigation Object
When you select the portal navigation object, you will be able to set its settings and its style.
- Navigation menu: Choose a navigation menu to be used for the portal navigation. Only one can be chosen at a time. Out of the box, the only menu available is the Customer Contacts Portal.
- Edit Nav Menus: Edit and create new navigation menus. See below section on how to use this.
- Selected link: The default menu link the page opens to.
- Sticky Horizontal - navigation object stays at the top of the page even when the page scrolls.
- Horizontal - navigation object will scroll off the page.
- Background color: Set the background color of this control from the preset Method palette.
- Caption color/size/text alignment: Choose the color, size, and alignment of the text in your caption.
There are no actions or events associated with the portal navigation object.
Managing Navigation Menus
When you choose Edit Nav Menus, the following dialogue box will pop up.
In the above example, there are two navigation menus:
- Customer Contacts Portal - Default customer portal navigation menu
- Custom Nav Menu - Navigation menu created just for this help article. You will not have this.
From the listed icons, you can do three things:
- Edit (Pencil Icon) - Edit a navigation menu
- Delete (Trashcan Icon) - Delete a navigation menu
- ⊕ Add another Navigation Menu
Creating and Editing a Navigation Menu
When you edit or add a new navigation menu, a new dialogue box pops up allowing you to configure it. In the below example, we will edit the Custom Nav Menu specifically created for this article.
For each navigation menu, you can customize the following:
- Name - The internal name of the nav menu. Used for your own reference.
- Body - Above the nav menu, you can choose to display one of the following:
- Company Name - A text display of your company's name.
- Company Logo - Your company logo you've added to Method in your display preferences.
- Custom HTML - Customize what is displayed with your own HTML.
- None - Display nothing at all.
- Links - A list of all the links available in the menu. You can add, edit, and delete these links as you like.
- ⊕ Add sub-link - You have the option to put in a secondary menu for each link. When a guest hovers over the main link, this sub-link will appear below. Creating a sub-link is similar to creating a main link which will be explained in the next section.
Creating and Editing a Link or Sub-link
When you edit or add a new link or sub-link within your navigation menu, a new dialogue box pops up allowing you to configure it.
In the below example, we will edit a pre-created link within the Custom Nav Menu specifically created for this article.
For each navigation link, you can customize the following:
- Link Is Visible - check so user can see link on the navigation menu.
- Caption - The text used for the menu link.
- Icon Type - What icon to use for the menu link. Below are your choices:
- App Icon - Use the icon of the app the link is linking to.
- Choose - Select an icon within Method's set of icons.
- Image URL - If you have your own icon available on the internet, place the URL here.
- None - Have no icon.
- Link Type - There are two choices for what to link to:
- Screen - Select a screen within your Method account. Remember its security permissions must be set to either public or guest.
- Website - The link will navigate the user away from your portal to another website.