A grid object will display the records of a table in a list.
There are a number of settings that allow you to change the functionality of a grid, from changing columns to adding row click events that access other screens.
Looking at Grid Properties
By selecting the grid control, its properties will appear in the right panel where you can edit them.
- Caption: May show up on screen above the grid, and also used to reference the grid within actions.
- Hide Caption: Hides the caption from showing on screen.
- Load State: When the screen loads, what happens to the control?
- Regular - Grid is clickable.
- Disabled - Grid is visible but greyed-out and can't be used.
- Hidden - Grid is invisible.
- Base Table: Set which table the grid will show records for.
- Rows Per Page: How many rows are shown per page.
- Hide Paging: Click this checkbox to hide the page navigation at the bottom of each grid.
- Hide Settings: Click this checkbox to hide the little gear that opens up settings of the grid.
- Hide Export: Click this checkbox to hide the little cloud which can export the grid to a CSV file (or MailChimp if Contacts grid).
- Hide Send to MailChimp: This only appears if the base table is Contacts. Click this checkbox to hide the Send to MailChimp which normally appears in the cloud icon.
- Columns: Open up Columns Properties Window to configure columns in the grid. The number in brackets shows the number of columns.
- Has a Checkbox Column: Creates a checkbox column that allows you to select multiple rows in a grid
- Hide Column Headers: Hide the column headers if you don’t want them visible on the live screen.
- Grid Views: Grid views are also known as View Filters. The number in brackets shows how many filter views have been defined. They allow you to:
- Limit the information users can see on the grid.
- Sort the order of the records in that view.
- Hide View Selector: If views are defined, hide the view selector
- Hide Search: Don’t display the search bar. This also hides the Advanced Search.
- Hide Advanced Search: Hide the Advanced Search, but not the regular search bar.
- Search Fields: Searches look through the fields added to your grid. This allows you to add more fields to search through that are not shown in the grid:
- Grid: Choose the theme color, font color/size, and caption color/size/text alignment.
- Header background color: Set the background color of this header from the preset Method palette.
- Body: Choose the even row/odd row background colors, and set the cell padding.
- Border size/color/style: Change the size, color and style of your border.
- Footer background color: Set the background color of this footer from the preset Method palette.