Many screens use DateTime pickers as a convenient way to choose date and time information without having to manually type it in. They often resemble dropdowns, but they can be displayed a variety of ways.
- Picker: There are three choices for the picker:
- Date: User can select a date.
- Time: User can only select a time.
- DateTime: User can select both the time and date (as shown above in image).
- Caption: What is your control called? Name it here!
- Hide Caption: If you’re just labeling your control for your own information but don’t want the text to show in the live screen, check this box.
- Load State: The default state of the control:(regular/hidden/disabled)
- Placeholder: Reminder text. E.g. “Choose a date”
- Use Current Date/Time: Sets the default value to the local current date and time.
- Default Value: Specify the date and time that will appear when the screen first loads.
- Width: How wide should your control be in relation to the screen?
- Auto: object will be the width of the text and/or icon
- Fixed: assign the width of the object in pixels
- Full: object will be full width of the section or cell it has been dragged into
- Format as: There are a number of ways to format the display of date and time. Examples of the different formats are below:
- None: Defaults to Short Date and Time.
- Number: N/A for this object.
- Short Date: E.g. Aug-08-2017
- Short Date and Time: E.g. Aug-08-2017 05:00 PM
- Long Date: E.g. Tue, Aug 08, 2017
- Long Date and Time: E.g. Tue, Aug 08, 2017 05:00 PM
- Time: E.g. 05:00 PM
- Hour: E.g. 5pm
- Day: E.g. 08
- Day of Week: E.g. Tue
- Month: E.g. Aug
- Month and Year: E.g. Aug-2017
- Year: E.g. 2017
- Date/Time Picker Colors: Pick the colors from the Method palette.
- Caption color/size/text alignment/font weight: Choose the color, size, alignment, and font weight of the text in your caption.
The only event associated with this checkbox is the Change event.
This event triggers when a user changes the date in this object.