Mass update data
In some cases Method's import/export tool can be used to mass update existing data. The steps below will outline how this can be done.
Step 1: Export existing data
To update existing data, we always recommend exporting the latest data first.
- Click the Gear icon and select Preferences
- On the left menu select Integrations
- Select Launch Import/Export Tool
- Select Use our Classic Import Tool
- Select Export a table to a file.
- Select the table where your data is stored from the dropdown list.
- Click Export to file. This should download a .csv file.
Step 2. Update your data
It is now time to update the file with your new data.
- Open the downloaded file from above.
- Update the file with the new data.
- Export the data as a .csv or .xls file.
Step 3. Mass update data
You should now be ready to update the data back into Method.
- Return to the Import / Export tool in Method.
- Select Import into a table from a file.
- Select the same table you exported from.
- Upload the file with your updated data.
- Click Import Data. This will take you to Import - Step 2: Prepare Data.
- For "2. Set options:," select Update existing record by matching key fields.
- Make sure RecordID is also checked.
A unique field is strongly recommended. Using a field other than Record ID is possible but the RecordID is available and unique in every table.
- Scroll to the bottom and click Import Data.
- Click Begin Import and wait for the progress bar to reach 100%.
- Click Finished.