Exporting leads and customers
As the name suggests, the import/export tool also allows you to export lists of leads, customers and other records from your Method account and into a handy spreadsheet format. This can be very helpful when conducting financial reports, measuring sales quotas, calculating commissions and a host of other potential uses! Here’s how to export from Method.
- Click the Gear icon and select Preferences
- On the left menu select Integrations
- Select Launch Import/Export Tool
- Select Use our Classic Import Tool
- In the import/export tool, select Export a table to a file.
- Choose the table you want to export from. By default, the list only contains "common tables". If the table you want isn't in this list, uncheck Show only common tables? to see all tables.
- Select which fields you want to export. This will determine what information will appear in your exported spreadsheet. You can do this one-at-a-time or you can Select All or Unselect All using the buttons at the bottom of the list.
The Advanced filtering options
allow you to apply additional filtering to your export: for example, only choosing record IDs above a certain number, or allowing you apply script filtering to your export. This is a more advanced series of options that aren’t necessary for basic exports.
- Choose the export format. Usually you'll choose Comma-Separated Values, or CSV, which is easily read by spreadsheet applications like Microsoft Excel and Google Docs Spreadsheets.
- Click Export to file. Your file will be built and downloaded by your browser. Then you can open it in the application of your choice!