The Taxes item allows you to apply tax to a total.
This item is available in QuickBooks Desktop only.
To add this as an item, you will need to add a new item within the Items app, and choose Sales Tax.
If you do not see the Items app, you will need to get access permission for this app from your administrator. The Items app is found in the Accounting Lists Pack.
- Name: The name of the tax you choose to apply (e.g. sales tax).
- Description: Add details about this item that aren’t covered by other fields on the screen by writing them down here.
- Tax rate (%): Apply your tax rate here (e.g. 15%) so Method can auto-calculate a total when it’s applied.
- Tax agency: This is the vendor to which you pay your sales tax. These options come from QuickBooks file and include a full list of your vendors.
- Active sales tax: Click this option to ensure this item appears in the "Active" filter view in the Items list, and so it will also appear in drop down lists throughout Method.
- Save: Saves the new or edited item.
- Save & New: Saves the new or edited item and clears the fields above.