This is a catch-all option for miscellaneous items and fees that don't fit into other item categories.
This item is available in QuickBooks Desktop only.
To add this as an item, you will need to add a new item within the Items app, and choose Sales Tax.
If you do not see the Items app, you will need to get access permission for this app from your administrator. The Items app is found in the Accounting Lists Pack.
- Item name/number: Identify the item or fee by name or by number.
- Subitem of: An Other charge may be considered a subitem of an existing item already in your QuickBooks account (for example, it may be considered an unspecified charge for a particular item or service, e.g. environmental handling fees). You can use this drop down list to associate it with an existing item.
- Active other charge item: Click on this option to ensure this item appears in the "Active" filter view in the Existing items grid, and so it will also appear in drop down lists throughout Method.
- Used in assemblies/is reimbursable charge: Check this box if the item you're creating is either used to assemble other items, or is a reimbursable charge. This record is flagged in QuickBooks.
- Sales description: Include a description of what item was purchased. Use it to include additional information that isn't covered in other fields on this screen.
- Sales price: The price of the item purchased in dollars. You can also specify the rate as an added percentage to your cost. For example, set the rate to 50 and check-off the Percent box for a service that costs you $100; the rate charged to the customer will be $150.
- Tax code: Choose whether or not this sales amount is tax-applicable.
- Income account: Choose which account will be associated with the customer payment. This list comes from QuickBooks.
- Save: Saves the new or edited item.
- Save & New: Saves the new or edited item and clears the fields above.