Create an account
The following steps will show you how to create a new account in Method's Accounts App.
- From your Method dashboard, click New on your Accounts App, or click New Account on your Accounts List screen. This opens the New/Edit Account screen.
- Give your new account a descriptive name.
- If applicable, choose a parent account for this account.
Sub accounts are typically used to categorize specific types of transactions. For example, if the parent account is "Travel Expenses" a sub account might be "Meals" or "Transportation". This helps your accountant more accurately keep track of funds.
- When Active Account is checked, it makes this account available in dropdowns throughout Method.
- Choose an account type to assign to this account.
Account types determine whether this account appears on the Balance Sheet or Income Statement in QuickBooks. If this is a sub account, it must be the same type as the parent account.
- Provide a description for your account.
- If applicable, assign an account number. The account number appears ahead of the name when synced with QuickBooks, in the chart of accounts and accounting reports.
- Cick Save. You are returned to your Accounts List.
And you're done! You've successfully created a new account.