Create a mailing list
Once you have created the content of your email, it's time to determine where that email will be sent. Depending on the focus of the email, you can create a specific list of contacts to send to: all of your leads, for example. The following steps will show you how to create your email list in Method's Email Campaigns App.
In order to proceed to creating email content, you must have selected an existing campaign. You can do this two ways:
- Create a new campaign and continue on from the campaign screen once you've saved the campaign record
- Select an existing campaign from your Campaign List
Both of these options bring you to the New Campaign screen, where you must click Step 2: Select Contacts to Email.
This opens the Select Contacts to Email screen.
- Choose from the list of available filtering options to narrow down your list.
You can also choose to load specific contacts by checking the checkbox next to their name, or load all of your contacts by clicking Load All.
The app does not load contacts
- They are marked to opt out of marketing or billing emails.
You can still send emails to these contacts by clicking the checkboxes at the bottom of the list, which overrides the contact's settings for this email only.
- They do not have a valid email address on file.
The app will load and send emails to duplicate
contacts. If you have two contacts with the same email address, that address will receive the email twice. At the moment, there is no way to filter for this, so you must perform a manual check.
- When you have filtered your list, click Load Only Selected Contacts to continue.
- This opens a confirmation message showing you how many contacts have been added to your list. Click OK to continue.
If any contacts you added are automatically excluded because they meet the criteria above, they are also listed in this message.
- You are taken to the Selected Contacts screen, which shows you all of the contacts added to (but not excluded from) your mailing list. You can select more contacts to add (this returns you to the Select Contacts screen) or remove one or more contacts from this list.
You can also filter this list:
Click Back to return to the Campaign screen, where you can now see the total number of selected contacts for this email under Step 2.
Click the number of selected contacts to return to the Selected Contacts screen.
Now it's time to prepare your final steps before sending the email. Please click here to continue. [top]