Create email content
Once you have created your campaign, it's time to create the content of the email that will be sent out. The following steps will show you how to create email content in Method's Email Campaigns App.
In order to proceed to creating email content, you must have selected an existing campaign. You can do this two ways:
- Create a new campaign and continue on from the campaign screen once you've saved the campaign record
- Select an existing campaign from your Campaign List
Both of these options bring you to the New Campaign screen, where you must click Step 1: Create Email Content.
This opens the Email Content screen.
All fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
- Select an email template to apply to this email.
You can choose an existing email template or you can click Create a new Email Template
to go to Method's Email Templates App and create your own
. When you save that template you are returned to this screen, where your template is applied.
- If you wish to use the name and email of the user signed in, click Insert my name and Insert my email. Otherwise, fill From Name and From Email Address in manually.
- The subject and body of this email are filled in automatically by the information in the template. However, they can be edited here if necessary.
In our email template documentation, we discuss how to use mail merge
to customize your email. In the Email Campaigns App, the body field is designed to auto-merge fields from the following tables:
Use the format Table.Field
). When you apply the template, the merge will automatically populate that information for your selected recipients.
- If you make changes to the subject or body and you want to update the template, click Update the selected email template with the changes made above.
If this option remains unchecked, changes you make here will only apply to this particular email, not to the template itself.
- By default, a standard email opt-out message and URL are included in the footer. Edit the text in this footer or remove it altogether by unchecking Append a standard email opt-out message and link at the bottom of your email.
If you choose to edit the footer, do not change the URL. You can alter any of the text, but if the URL is altered in any way, it will not work.
- When you are finished making your changes, you can preview the email (the preview will not include merged data). Click Save and Back to save this template and return to the New Campaign screen.
Next, you must create a list of contacts to email. To learn how, click here.