Create/edit an opportunity type
An opportunity type determines what kind of sales opportunity you are logging. There are two opportunity types available in the stock version of Method:
- New business: Business with a new customer or lead.
- Existing business: New business with an existing customer.
But the whole point of Method is to tailor your CRM experience to your business practices, so we’ve included an option to create a new opportunity type.
The following steps will show you how to create and edit opportunity types.
The add and edit screens are laid out the same way, so we will go through how to create a new type. You will need to go into an opportunity in order manage an opportunity type.
- From your Method dashboard click New on your Opportunities App, or click New Opportunity from your Opportunities List screen. This opens your New Opportunity screen.
- Open the dropdown for Type and click New/Edit Opportunity Type. This opens the Opportunity Type List.
- To edit an existing type, select it from the list. To create a new one, click New Opportunity Type.
- Choose a name for your opportunity type.
Method best practice says you should choose a name that reflects the kind of sales opportunity you’ll be applying it to (e.g. new overseas business, business for X department).
- When you're done, click Save. This opportunity type is now available throughout Method.