Convert Sales Order to Invoice
Once you have created your sales order and confirmed the details with your customer, you will probably want to create an invoice based on the information in the sales order. Thankfully Method lets you do just that with a simple wizard tool.
The Sales Orders app is only available for QuickBooks Desktop users. It is not available in QuickBooks Online.
- Click the Sales Orders App. This opens the Sales Order List screen.
- Locate the sales order you wish to convert to an invoice and click on it. You can search manually or use the search function at the top of the screen.
- Scroll down and click Create Invoice. You're prompted to follow three steps:
- First, check off all the line items you want to include on this invoice.
Sales orders can also include items you don’t want to show on the invoice – for example, materials you ordered for the job that are built into the final balance, but the customer doesn’t need to see.
- Next, click Create Invoice. This opens the New/Edit Invoice screen.
- From here, you can make any edits or additions as you would if you were creating an invoice from scratch, only now the line items and customer information you included in the sales order are auto-filled! For more information on how to complete your invoice, click here.
The sales order you just converted is still saved in the Sales Orders App. This record-keeping helps you maintain the trail of breadcrumbs that make up a business transaction!