Create an Invoice
These steps focus on creating a brand-new invoice in Method's Invoice App.
In addition, you can also convert a sales order to an invoice, and an estimate to an invoice.
Differences exist between how QuickBooks Desktop and QuickBooks Online accounts sync with Method, which means some of the fields appear differently (and sometimes do not appear at all). We note where these discrepancies appear.
Create an invoice
- Click New on your Invoices App, or click New Invoice from your Invoice List. This opens your New Invoice screen.
- Choose a customer or lead to associate with this invoice. Depending on how you created the invoice, this may be pre-filled.
- The top will show the total, the customer, as well as an app ribbon to associate activities with this estimate:
- Except for Date and Account, the following fields are optional:
- To add QuickBooks items to this invoice, add them directly in the grid. To add more lines, select the Add Lines button.
Existing items chosen from the dropdown automatically populate the fields on this screen. If you want to create new items, you must do this either through QuickBooks, or through Method's Items App
- Add an Attachment to the Invoice if need be.
- Include any pertinent Memos; they will not be visible to the customer.
- Choose a Customer message to appear on your invoice (e.g. "looking forward to your business").
If you are on QuickBooks desktop, this is a dropdown list of messages. Currently, these messages are managed within QuickBooks. Find the Customer Message List within QuickBooks Desktop if you wish to change the messages.
- Apply a Tax rate if applicable. This was likely set up within QuickBooks.
- When you have finished your invoice, click Save. This will update Balance Due.
This invoice is now visible in your Invoices List!
- Delete - Delete the invoice. This cannot be undone!
- Clear & New - Clear the current invoice so it is empty and you can create a new one.
- Print: Creates a pdf file of the invoice which you can print. Ensure your pop-ups are not blocked. The pdf is created using a template chosen within your app preferences.
- Email: Email the customer a link to their portal where they will be able to view the invoice online.
- Save & New: Save the invoice and clear the form to enter in a new invoice.
- Save: Save the invoice.
Link invoice to opportunity
If this invoice is being created as part of an ongoing opportunity, please follow these steps.
- From your Method dashboard, click Pipeline on your Opportunities App. This opens your Opportunities List screen.
- Locate and select the opportunity you wish to link this sales order to. You can search manually or use the search function at the top of the screen. This opens the Edit Opportunity screen.
- Click New on the Invoices app ribbon:
Then follow the steps above, beginning with step 3.
Your invoice is now linked to the opportunity, which means it appears in the Invoices app ribbon for this opportunity.