Create a customer
The following steps will show you how to create a customer in Method's Contacts App.
- From your Method dashboard, click New on the Contacts App or click New Contact from your Contacts List. This opens a New Contact screen.
- Make sure the Customer option is selected under type of contact you wish to add.
Filling out the rest of the details should be intuitive, however, there are a few fields we can clarify.
- Name as it will show up in QuickBooks: If and when this lead is converted, this will be the name it shows up under when looking through your customer list.
- Assigned To (Internal Rep)
(QuickBooks Online only): Method User the lead will be assigned to.
- Sales Rep (QuickBooks Desktop only): This is the Sales Rep the lead will be assigned to.
- Job / Sub-customer of: To find out more information, please see our article on Customer Jobs and Sub-Customers.
- Tags: Add tags to this contact if desired.
- Campaign: if the lead came in as a result of a marketing campaign.
- If you don’t want this contact to receive marketing emails, or billing notifications, select Opt out of marketing and/or Opt out of billing.
When these boxes are checked, the Email Campaigns App automatically excludes this contact from being emailed this kind of info.
- Click Save to save the contact and customer lead, or Save & New to save and clear the fields.
You've successfully created a new lead with an associated contact, which can now be found in the Contacts List.