Create/edit a lead source
A lead source is, literally, where your lead came from. Keeping track of where your leads originate is a good way to gauge the effectiveness of marketing campaigns, trade shows, and other ways your business reaches out to potential customers.
There are several lead sources available in the stock version of Method:
- Employee Referral
- External Referral
- Public Relations
- Seminar - Internal
- Seminar - External
- Trade Show
But the whole point of Method is to tailor your CRM experience to your business practices, so we’ve included an option to create a new lead source.
The following steps will show you how to create and edit lead sources.
The add and edit screens are laid out the same way, so we will go through how to create a new lead source. You can edit an existing source by clicking on it and changing the information in the fields. It's a Method best practice not to edit stock options, but you can create your own very easily!
- From your Method dashboard, click New Contact on your Contacts App.
- Under Add this contact to an existing Customer/Vendor, click New Customer.
- Click This is a lead, and when the Lead Source dropdown appears under Lead Details, select New/Edit Lead Source. This opens your Lead Source List screen.
- Click New Lead Source. This opens your New/Edit Lead Source screen.
- On the New/Edit Lead Source screen, choose a name for your lead source.
Method best practice says you should choose a descriptive name (say, Door-To-Door Flyering).
- When you’re all done, click Save. This lead source will now be available throughout Method.