Create a lead
The following steps will show you how to create a new lead in Method's Contacts App.
A lead is considered a potential customer. Therefore, leads are not synced to QuickBooks until the lead is converted to a customer.
Creating a New Lead
- From your Method dashboard, click New on the Contacts App or click New Contact from your Contacts List. This opens a New Contact screen.
- Make sure the Lead option is selected under type of contact you wish to add.
Filling out the rest of the details should be intuitive, however, there are a few fields we can clarify.
- Name as it will show up in QuickBooks: If and when this lead is converted, this will be the name it shows up under when looking through your customer list.
- Assigned To (Internal Rep)
(QuickBooks Online only): Method User the lead will be assigned to.
- Sales Rep (QuickBooks Desktop only): This is the Sales Rep the lead will be assigned to.
- Lead Status: whether your lead is qualified, open, or unqualified.
- Lead Rating: whether your lead is hot, warm, or cold.
- Lead Source: how your lead heard about your company.
- Tags: Add tags to this contact if desired.
- Campaign: if the lead came in as a result of a marketing campaign.
- If you don’t want this contact to receive marketing emails, or billing notifications, select Opt out of marketing and/or Opt out of billing.
When these boxes are checked, the Email Campaigns App automatically excludes this contact from being emailed this kind of info.
- Click Save to save the contact and customer lead, or Save & New to save and clear the fields.
You've successfully created a new lead with an associated conact, which can now be found in the Contacts List.
Converting a Lead to a Customer
Ideally, a lead will become a customer at some point in your business relationship. There are three ways you can turn a lead into a customer in Method:
- Edit the lead details and uncheck the lead status checkbox,
- Create an invoice associated with this lead that will be posted to QuickBooks,
- Close an opportunity associated with a lead as closed won and, when prompted, convert the lead to a customer.
In all cases, the lead will become a customer during the next sync. The new customer will then appear in your QuickBooks file.