Insert image into an email template
If you need to add an image to your email template, you will first need an image stored on a web server and accessible via a url link. Currently, Method does not allow you to upload images.
If you need a place to store your image, you can use an internet photo sharing site like imgur
. Getting the URL link can be tricky, however. In order to do this, you will need to right-click on the image, and select "Copy Image Address
" or "Copy Link Address
". You will know if you have the right link if it ends in a file extensions (such as .png or .jpg).
While creating or editing an email template:
- Select the Insert tab on the HTML Editor.
- Select the picture icon to open the Insert/Edit pop up.
- Source: enter the Web URL Link of the picture you wish to include. Must end in a proper file extension (such as .png or .jpg).
- Image Description: optional text to describe the image.
- Dimensions: set the pixel size. Will default to original size if not specified.
- Constrain proportions: checking this will ensure the picture will be resized proportionally. It will not look stretched or squeezed.
- Click Ok to insert the image.
Once saved, the image will now be included in the email template. It will look like this: