Using the Calendar
How to use the Activities Calendar
The activity calendar is used to provide you and your users an effortless way to keep track of all your activities.
You can access your calendar by clicking the vertical ellipses ( ⋮ ) on your Activities App and selecting Calendar. You can also click View Activity Calendar on your Activities List screen.
Viewing the Calendar
By default, the calendar screen displays the List view for the current day, and only displays the activities assigned to the user logged in.
Calendar Views & Layouts
Above the calendar, you will find different Views to see your activities. There are four different views you can choose from:
- Day - View activities for the selected day.
- Week - View the activities for the selected week.
- Month - View the activities for the selected month.
- List - View the activities in a list format.
Each view may have different layouts.
- Day and Week views have the following three layouts:
- Standard - View activites for each resource (Method user).
- Vertical - View activities, separated by resource (Method user) into columns.
- Horizontal - View activities separated by resource (Method user) into rows.
- Month view only has the one standard layout
- List view has two layouts:
- Weekly - View all activities for the selected week.
- Monthly - View all activities for the selected month.
All Day View
At the top of the calendar, you will find a gear which will allow you to switch how all day events look in Day and Week view of the calendar.
An event is considered an all day event if it spans more than one day. When checked, the event will show in the All Day section at the top of the calendar. When unchecked, the event will be shown within the calendar spanning multiple days.
Activity Events in the Calendar
The details of the activity displayed in the calendar are as follows:
- Activity type
- Activity status (determined by color):
- Not started: red
- Cancelled: black
- In progress: yellow
- Completed: green
- Deferred: grey
The Resources dropdown lets you show other users’ calendars. Adding another user will add another column or row depending on vertical or horizontal layouts, allowing you to compare activities side-by-side. Use the Remove option beside each listed user to hide their calendar.
Adding an Activity in the Calendar
- Every activity created is automatically on this calendar, provided the activity type is set to be displayed on the calendar.
- To add a new activity, click ⊕ Add New to open the New Activity screen. When you save the activity, it is immediately viewable in the calendar.
- You can also click a time in the calendar itself, which opens the New Activity screen with that time already selected.
Editing an Activity in the Calendar
- Clicking an activity in the calendar will open that activity to be edited.
- To move an activity, you must select it at the top! You will notice your mouse cursor change into arrows. If you do not select it in the right area, then you will accidentally add an activity.
- To change the time of an activity, select it at the edge and drag either up or down, to shorten or extend the duration.