method:v2 latest alpha publish
The following list is what has changed for the alpha-version of method:V2. This includes code checked in between Oct 18th and November 1st.
The last published version was November 1st, 2013, at 6:00 PM Eastern.
- Fix - Only bound images show CanBeEdited property.
- Fix - Uploading images on picture and attachment objects not working on phone view.
- Fix - Added hand cursor to radio button and checkbox object.
- Feature - Text object now supports an icon.
- Fix - Date picker object rendering on IE9 and FireFox.
- Fix - Delete Record From Table within Conditional Statement and Loop Through Table.
- Fix - Controls can have names that are just numbers.
- Fix - Controls can have names that start with numbers.
- Performance Improvement - Pictures that have files that already exist on our server are reused.
- Fix - Picture object wasn't displaying on screen when the picture object was a fields.
- Fix - User Permissions can be set on Manage Apps, even if they aren't users on V2 yet.
- Fix - "Grid" appears twice in the list for Go To Screen.
- Fix - Names can include underscore characters.
- Fix - Public pages can have their security token expire and there is no way to reset without removing cookies.
- Fix - For pictures/images/attachments, updating fields in table, retreive value from table and insert records into table actions.
- Polishing - Grid View UI and UX. Still a WIP.
- Polishing - Dropdown filter UI and UX. Still a WIP.
- Polishing - Expanded click area for phone/tablet in top-left and top-right navigation icons.
- Polishing - Cleaning up the responsive style to grids.
- Polishing - Changed the style of dropdowns to look more like other input objects. White background, left-alignment.
- Fix - Left scroll bars no longer appear on left navigation menu.
- Fix - Cleaned up left over actions that weren't deleted when objects were deleted, causing conflicts later on.
- Fix - MiURL was not always routing to the email address for non-authenticated guests.
- Fix - Public pages for Multi-tenant accounts use the data from the head office, unless overwritten.
- Fix - Various fixes to Guest pages related to multi-tenancy for insert records into table, loading grids, and update fields in table.
- Fix - Handled saving records in public pages to use the administrator user ID for the audit trail.
- Fix - Designer was hanging and crashing in many situations. An "unresponsive script" message would appear in the designer in Firefox, and "Kill pages" in Chrome.
- Fix - Added a "Go To Screen" label in Manage Apps > Configure > Menu & Dashboard > Snapshots, to avoid confusion.
- Polishing - Success messages in Signup and Retrieve Password are using a Teal color instead of CTA-1 fusia.
- Feature - many options added to section styles and cells styles, including border and color.
- Polishing - Cleaning up wording and titles for app permissions under Manage Apps > Configuration.
- Fix - MiURL forces a guest who is already signed in as a different guest to sign in again if the MiURL is for a different Contact Record ID (i.e. the reason why Dwight showed up instead of Tom Cruise on Paul's final presentation of the conference!)
- Fix - Prevent apps from being created with invalid screen names or invalid app names.
- Fix - the icon in the browser now shows in FireFox.
- Fix - icon offer more variant ranges in sizes.
- Fix - left-navigation updates icon list when reordered in Manage Apps.
- Fix - the 'Create Short Method URL' action would forget the screen dropdown settings when edited.
- Fix - ensured that names of controls can't start with an underscore or space.
- Fix - nested sections don't inherit the responsive styling of their parent sections, they use their own.
- Feature - Insert Records Into Table now support value from Expression.
- Polishing - Designer styling uses more Method dropdowns rather regular browser dropdowns.
- Polishing - Designer dropdown for colors now nicely show the color chosen, rather than just the name.
- Polishing - Ensured left-alignment of menu titles in Manage Apps.
- Fix - Delete Records From Table wasn't always working when a "Where" clause was not specified.
- Fix - uninstall app was hard to use and see on a phone.
- Polishing - Reworded the "Welcome to Method splash screen".
- Polishing - Removed the dashed border from the Action list.
- Fix - Update Controls On Screen now supports renaming buttons.
- Polishing - Show Message, made the Title gain focus on new action.
- Polishing - Show Message, rearranged order of fields so that buttons are last.
- Fix - Show Message, the Action Result dropdown for insert into body was defaulted to the first action result on FireFox, rather than the blank value.
- Fix - Show Message now handles new lines properly. Previously new lines in the action dialog would end up on the same line at run time.
- Polishing - Made the entire tile clickable in Add Action list.
- Polishing - Action List now shows a tooltip for long internal notes.
- Polishing - The screens list now had the starting screen star (1) blue, since it isn't a CTA, (2) no hand cursor since it isn't clickable, and (3) has a tooltip saying "Starting screen" to give an indication of why there is a star icon.
- Fix - Version Manager - now auto refreshes the version tile list after a copy.
- Polishing - Version Manager - the title is now clickable to go to the designer for a specific version.
- Polishing - Version Manager - you can no longer delete an active screen version.
- Polishing - Version Manager - there are now 3 icons, "Active for me", "Published" and "Active for everyone else". They all have tool tips now too.
- Polishing - included empty-state options for Dashboard and Manage Apps when no app is installed for a user.
- Feature - this is a cool one. Text fields can be automatically treated as hyperlinks for web address, emails, LinkedIn URLs, Twitter handles, telephone numbers, Google Map addresses and Skype URLs.
- Feature - new screen action "Active Record ID change". This is uber useful.
- Feature - new value from session "Browser Window Size".
- Fix - Create Short Method URL wasn't able to get value from grid row.
- Fix - closing Currently Open List when nothing is available.
- Polishing - Showing tooltip on long names in Currently Open List.
- Polishing - changed labels for adding dashboard snapshots to "Add snapshot" and "Add another snapshot".
- Feature - sections now have a width.
- Polishing - action list and dialog now takes up full width on a tablet and phone screen.
- Fix - App icons in Manage Apps would cut off if they were large, such as Film icon.
- Fix - Too much white space for the description in Manage Apps.
- Fix - Enabling Currency and Numeric formatting options on the designer.
- Fix - Dragging a field onto a screen that had the same name as an existing object, like a text label, would cause the screen to not save.
- Fix - Send Email action now supports multiple CC and BCC addresses.
- Polishing - Text objects now have caption color and size.
It is also worth noting are there are items that received considerable attention that are work-in-process but not ready to be included:
- Generate Report
- App Ribbons
- Schedule Calendar
- Call another action set
- Publishing and installing apps to app store (this may get hotfixed to come live)
- Copy screen
While studying at Queen's School of Business in 1999, Paul founded Alocet Incorporated, developing 'QXpress', which later became the top rated field service scheduling add-on for QuickBooks.
Alocet Incorporated later went on to create Method Integration - an innovative small business management platform that allows users to create their own web apps for QuickBooks.