We are on the lookout for a Product Manager to join our Product team.
At Method, members of the Product Team are versatile. They are responsible for collecting and analyzing customer pains, working with developers and technical leads on building out user stories, as well as working with the design team to drive user experience designs.
Product and company
Method creates web applications for small and medium-sized businesses (SMB’s). Our flagship product is Method:CRM, a web application made specifically for small businesses using QuickBooks accounting software. What sets Method apart is our ability to create customized solutions for individual SMB’s. This is all facilitated by our patented accounting synchronization engine.
We are a successful SaaS platform company, with a substantial base of paying customers, employing a team of 80 passionate Methoders. We are looking for the right individuals to help further accelerate our growth.
- Understand the company strategy and how your work fits into it.
- Own the vision for your team.
- Lead Product Discovery activities such as customer interviews, analyzing user data, and competitor analysis.
- Help drive Product Delivery by keeping the team focused on the right things and helping unblock issues that might come up.
- Get alignment from all the stakeholders and engineering team.
- Ensuring your team’s backlog of features and bugs is groomed and prioritized.
- Develop and maintain a quarterly and annual roadmap for your product lines.
- Define outcomes and OKRs.
- Create product requirements and product spec docs.
- Be able to effectively communicate and get alignment across teams and stakeholders.
- Work with marketing on go to market strategies.
- Working with other product teams to ensure alignment.
- Be a team player with a positive attitude and a willingness to contribute to the overall team’s success in a fast-paced environment.
Skills and Qualifications
- Strong problem-solving skills. You must be passionate about your ability to always find solutions to customers’ needs.
- Must be self-motivated and goal-driven.
- Post-secondary education in the following areas is preferred: Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or equivalent training/experience.
- 5+ years working in the software industry
- Working in an Agile development environment.
- Experience empathizing with customers and optimizing their journey.
- Familiarity with web design, development and constraints.
- Hands-on experience with analytics tools such as Amplitude and Google analytics.
- Degree in Marketing, Commerce or Business is a plus.
- B2B Software or SaaS company experience is a plus.
- Experience in CRM.
- Experience in Mobile app development and best practices.
- Experience with Agile methodologies, such as Kanban or Scrum.
- Fun team environment.
- Small company experience – working for a small company like Method gives you deep insight to the inner workings of how a software company operates, as you will be expected to become involved in many discussions: from new product features to marketing campaigns, to operational policies and procedures! It is the kind of experience you can only get from a small company.
- Training – You will receive initial and ongoing training on Method’s products, policies and procedures.
- Great downtown location – Method is located right in the heart of Toronto’s young and vibrant King West technology hub.
- Competitive salary with stock options.
- Health care and dental plan.
Visit our team page to learn more about who you’ll be working with: Meet The Team
Interested in this position but don’t feel like you check every box? If you feel like you meet the majority of what’s listed above, we still want to hear from you and review your application.
To pursue this exciting and rewarding career opportunity, please send your resume and cover letter by email to:
We thank all applicants in advance and will contact only those who we wish to interview. No phone calls or agencies, please.
Method is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.