The opportunity at Method
At Method, we create technology that powers growth for small businesses. As we push to grow even faster in 2021, we are looking for someone to join our team and own the growth and engagement of our Partner program.
Your primary responsibilities will be:
- Growing, nurturing, and building awareness of our partner community, which includes accountants, business consultants, ecosystem partners, and strategic partners.
- Increasing trials and new customer revenue from our Partner program.
- Optimizing the program by type of Partner, and level of engagement.
At Method, doing amazing work is just as important as looking out for each other and our community. From flex hours and full benefits to our monthly Method:Gives program, we do our best to support both our employees and community.
You can learn more about our amazing team here.
Who you are
You’re a big believer in the impact that a well-run Partner program has on revenue metrics.
In a Venn diagram of Marketing and Sales, you know that the overlapping section is where Partner Marketing thrives.
You’re willing to roll up your sleeves to get things done. One day it could be running a webinar for our top Partners, and the next day it could be spending an hour on the phone building out a co-marketing initiative with our latest Partner signup.
The prospect of joining the “underdog” in an industry excites you – and you love to win, but also appreciate that there’s lots to learn when things don’t go exactly as planned. These learnings motivate you and drive you to iterate your ideas quickly.
You know that the key to success is balancing ongoing, continuous improvement with a healthy dose of “big swings” on ideas with lots of potential.
Finally, you love working as part of a team. We don’t care if you’re an introvert or an extrovert — trust, respect, collaboration and results are the things we value most. We win and lose as a team.
What your day-to-day will look like
Your primary objective is to drive revenue through our Partner program, balancing short-term strategies that capture immediate opportunities, and long-term strategies that nurture and build a deep-rooted preference for Method.
Every day at Method is different, but here are some key areas you will be focusing on:
- Running a segmented, tiered Partner Program that is optimized for the different types and interests of our Partners.
- Owning Partner marketing touchpoints, including recurring update calls and online communities.
- Collaborating with the Content team to build assets and materials for the program, and working with the Growth team to schedule communications as required.
- Managing the logistics for virtual and in-person events and tradeshows.
- Owning the Partner communication strategy, from attracting new Partners through to onboarding and driving engagement.
- Acting as our team’s thought-leader on everything Partner marketing.
- Collaborating with the Customer Success Managers who manage the 1:1 relationships with Partners after they sign up and acting as an escalation point for Partner program members.
This role is currently fully remote and will be until it is safe to return to work at our office in downtown Toronto. When this happens, you’ll enjoy a flexible schedule of both in-office and remote work.
What you bring to the table
Before you read this next section, we want you to know that we know the “ideal candidate” doesn’t exist — everybody has a unique background and skill set.
Even if you don’t check every box below, we’d love for you to apply if you’re passionate about Partner marketing and the opportunity at Method – we are building for the future and growth potential is a priority for us!
- 3+ years of Partner marketing experience.
- Experience building and growing Partner programs.
- Strong communication skills and comfort presenting to groups.
- The ability to influence others and advocate for yourself, especially when working with external organizations.
Bonus points if you have experience with any of the following:
- Partner programs in the Accounting space.
- Agency experience.
- Experience in the accounting platform ecosystem (especially QuickBooks).
- Supporting fast-growth SaaS business (especially from $10 to $50 million).
How to apply
Interested in this position but don’t feel like you check every box? If you feel like you meet the majority of what’s listed above, we still want to hear from you and review your application.
Please send your resume, cover letter and preferred pronouns to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Partner Marketing Manager” in the subject line to be considered for this role.
Method is an equal opportunity employer for all — regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status or able-bodiedness. As part of our commitment to be an inclusive and accessible workplace, we’re happy to provide accommodations for candidates taking part in the selection process.