The opportunity at Method
At Method, we create technology that powers growth for small businesses. As we push to grow even faster in 2021, we are looking for someone to join our team and own the marketing journey from Lead through to Trial.
Your primary responsibilities will be:
- Increasing our reach and presence with small businesses, with a primary focus on lead nurture and trial generation through marketing automation.
- Working with the marketing team to build cross-channel strategies that support trial growth and new customer signups.
At Method, doing amazing work is just as important as looking out for each other and our community. From flex hours and full benefits to our monthly Method:Gives program, we do our best to support both our employees and community.
You can learn more about our amazing team here.
Who you are
You have 3 to 5 years of Marketing experience under your belt, specifically creating, executing, and optimizing email marketing campaigns.
You love Marketing because it gives you a chance to scratch both a creative and analytics itch (although, if you’re honest with yourself, you secretly love the technical and analytical side of things a little more)!
You’re curious, a fast learner, and find that learning to use new platforms comes naturally to you (as does understanding the “how” and “why” behind these technologies).
The prospect of joining the “underdog” in an industry excites you – and you love to win, but also appreciate that there’s lots to learn when things don’t go exactly as planned. These learnings motivate you and drive you to iterate your ideas quickly.
You know that the key to success is balancing ongoing, continuous improvement with a healthy dose of “big swings” on ideas with lots of potential. Finally, you love working as part of a team.
We don’t care if you’re an introvert or an extrovert — trust, respect, collaboration and results are the things we value most. We win and lose as a team.
What your day-to-day will look like
While every day will be different, here are some things you can expect to be working on:
- Building and optimizing the marketing automation strategy, with a focus on the above objectives.
- Creating, uploading, executing, and analyzing email marketing campaigns.
- Collaborating with other team members to ensure cross-channel alignment.
- Analyzing and quantifying the impact of marketing automation on trial generation.
- Extracting learnings and sharing them across the team through retrospectives.
- Designing A/B tests to find the next big “home run”.
- Positively influence culture, momentum, and team results through daily standups and weekly Marketing team meetings.
This role is currently fully remote and will be until it is safe to return to work at our office in downtown Toronto. When this happens, you’ll enjoy a flexible schedule of both in-office and remote work.
What you bring to the table
Before you read this next section, we want you to know that we know the “ideal candidate” doesn’t exist — everybody has a unique background and skill set.
Even if you don’t check every box below, we’d love for you to apply if you’re passionate about growth marketing and the opportunity at Method – we are building for the future and growth potential is a priority for us!
- Experience with marketing automation software and CRMs – we use ActiveCampaign and Method:CRM, but are happy to show you the ropes if you’ve used something different.
- Copywriting and editing skills (with a focus on email and writing copy to match different stages of the funnel).
- Comfort with data and analytics – we use Google Analytics and Data Studio daily.
- An understanding of the technical side of marketing, and how to use tools like Zapier to move data between platforms.
Bonus points if you have experience with any of the following:
- Marketing to small business owners.
- Supporting a fast-growth SaaS business (especially from $10 to $50 million).
- Building and optimizing lead scoring models for Sales handoffs.
How to apply
Interested in this position but don’t feel like you check every box? If you feel like you meet the majority of what’s listed above, we still want to hear from you and review your application.
Please email your resume, cover letter and preferred pronouns to email@example.com with “Growth Marketing Manager” in the subject line to be considered for this role.
Method is an equal opportunity employer for all — regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status or able-bodiedness. As part of our commitment to be an inclusive and accessible workplace, we’re happy to provide accommodations for candidates taking part in the selection process.