Method’s customers are like snowflakes – each one is unique. Method’s vision is to create a small business platform that is easily personalized for each of the companies that use it. A SaaS platform like Method comes with exciting and complex challenges.
We are on the lookout for a Digital Marketing Manager with 2 to 4 years of digital campaign management experience and a strategic mindset to join our team in a permanent role.
Product and company
Method creates web applications for SMBs (small and medium-sized businesses). Our flagship product is Method:CRM, a web app made specifically for small businesses using QuickBooks accounting software and was built entirely using Method’s no-code platform. What sets Method apart is its patented accounting synchronization engine, and the capability it provides small businesses to fully personalize it to their unique needs. Method is a fast-growing company with a dynamic team located in the heart of Toronto’s entertainment district. We’ve recently been featured in TechCrunch, Forbes, National Post, Toronto Star, BetaKit and Techvibes, as well as in blogs and tech sites around the world.
Method’s platform is so powerful that it has been used by winning teams in the QuickBooks Connect Developer Hackathon two years in a row!
Lots of opportunities — we’re a VC-backed startup with 1000s of paying users, serving the massive market that includes over 30 million small businesses in North America and around the world.
As one of Method’s Growth Marketing Managers, focused on digital acquisition, you will oversee the development and deployment of digital marketing campaigns across all of our key digital acquisition channels. These include paid search and social to start with, as well as contributing to the growth of our organic search traffic with keyword insights. If you’re looking for a role where you can be accountable for making big impacts on digital strategies and growth in digital channels, this is the role for you!
We’re looking for someone with a proven track record for developing engaging programs that target the SMB and Mid-Market segments to drive net new leads. Experience within manufacturing, wholesale, professional services or field services industries would be an asset in this role.
The successful candidate must be an innovative, and analytical thinker that is capable of coming up with data-driven insights that they can stand behind to test new approaches, big and small, to drive growth in our business. They must be able to juggle multiple projects at once and have a resourceful mindset towards problem-solving.
- You will turn strategic goals and objectives into scalable, actionable and integrated marketing plans that deliver channel and segment growth across Method’s various digital channels.
- You will work cross-functionally with other marketers, as well as sales and product teams to develop and execute collaborative programs focused on meeting business objectives.
- You will leverage a scientific approach to testing and optimization strategies to improve campaign performance and optimize funnels.
- You will measure and report on the performance of our digital campaign efforts, and assess against our goals (ROI and KPIs).
- You will identify trends and insights, and optimize spend and performance based on these insights.
- You will contribute to new and creative growth strategies.
- You will utilize strong analytical abilities to evaluate and improve our end-to-end customer experience across multiple channels and customer touchpoints.
- You have the ability to review and contribute to the creation of marketing content such as landing page copy, email messaging, workflow content, blogs, social media, website pages.
Skills and qualifications
- Proven working experience in digital marketing, including organic search, paid search and paid social.
- Demonstrable experience managing SEO/SEM, marketing database, email, social media and/or display advertising campaigns.
- Demonstrable impact on the development of strategies related to these channels/tactics.
- Highly creative with experience in identifying and optimizing target audience and devising digital campaigns that engage, inform and motivate this audience.
- Experience in optimizing landing pages and user funnels.
- Experience with A/B and landing page testing.
- Solid knowledge of website analytics tools (Google Analytics, SEM Rush)
- Solid knowledge of ad serving tools (Google Ads, Sponsored LinkedIn/Facebook)
- Experience in setting up and optimizing Google Ads campaigns.
- Proficient in Content Management Systems (such as WordPress)
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking.
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in online marketing and measurement
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Competent understanding of writing fundamentals, including spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Proven leadership and management skills.
- Proven project management/time management skills with strong attention to detail.
- Knowledge of marketing automation and inbound marketing.
- You like owning things and delivering results. Project management doesn’t scare you because you’re a pro at planning and prioritizing. You’re comfortable with making recommendations and providing direction.
- You’re highly adaptable and collaborative. You enjoy working in a fast-paced environment within cross-functional teams.
What are the challenges?
- As with any role within a fast-growing SaaS business, you have to be able to flex to changing business priorities — so if you are adaptable and can embrace change, then you will thrive in this environment.
- Our structure is relatively flat and non-hierarchical and egos don’t fly here, so no job is too big or too small. We all work hard to make the business successful, so you’d better get ready to roll up your sleeves!
- Expansion is a major theme. We face new situations and market opportunities that we have not previously encountered. There aren’t always someone’s footsteps to follow, so you will need to be able to work as a pioneer, carving the path and sharing your learnings with your colleagues.
- Fast-growing, fun team environment.
- Small company experience — working for a 60-person company like Method gives you deep insight into the inner workings of how a small software company operates, as you will be expected to become involved in many discussions: from new product features to marketing campaigns to operational policies and procedures! It is the kind of experience you can only get from a small company.
- Great downtown location — Method is located right in the heart of Toronto’s young and vibrant ‘King West’ technology hub at the corner of Adelaide St. W. and Spadina Ave.
- Bike-friendly — interior bike locker room, great for cyclist commuters.
- Competitive salary with stock options.
- Health care and dental plan.
Visit our team page to learn more about who you’ll be working with: Meet The Team
To pursue this exciting and rewarding career opportunity, please send your resume and cover letter by email to:
We thank all applicants in advance and will contact only those who we wish to interview. No phone calls or agencies, please.
Method is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.