The opportunity at Method
At Method, we create technology that powers small business growth. As we continue to grow our voice and market share, content marketing is a huge priority for us and an area that we’re excited to invest heavily in.
This role is part of a brand new team that’s focused on building a content engine that supercharges customer acquisition and retention. Together, the Content Team will go beyond blogs and long-form content — venturing into the world of podcasting, video, influencers, partnerships and more to increase demand at every stage of the funnel.
At Method, doing amazing work is just as important as looking out for each other and our community. From flex hours and full benefits to our monthly Method:Gives program, we do our best to support both our employees and community.
You can learn more about our amazing team here.
Who you are
You love to write and are on a life-long journey to master your craft. You want to create content that is truly insightful for our small business audience — content that increases brand awareness, influences perceptions and drives conversions. You know that every little detail counts and are eager to perfect each piece of content you publish.
On top of that, you’re a creative who loves to brainstorm and collaborate with everyone from fellow marketers to product managers and thought leaders. You’re always looking for constructive feedback and use it to better yourself and your work.
What your day-to-day will look like
As Method’s next Content Writer you will:
- Research the latest small business trends, challenges and pain points
- Create SEO-friendly blogs that build upon established small business best practices
- Promote the content you write and other marketing initiatives on social media
- Write and optimize copy for landing pages, ads and email campaigns
- Connect with our customers and share their stories in case studies
- Put your content on the map by collaborating with thought leaders and ecosystem partners
- Contribute ideas that shape our content calendar and marketing strategy at large
This role is currently fully remote and will be until it is safe to return to work at our office in downtown Toronto. When this happens, you’ll enjoy a flexible schedule of both in-office and remote work.
What you bring to the table
Before you read this next section, we want you to know that we know the “ideal candidate” doesn’t exist — everybody has a unique background and skill set. Even if you don’t check every box below, we’d love for you to apply if you’re passionate about content marketing and the opportunity at Method – we are building for the future and growth potential is a priority for us!
- Excellent writing skills and experience crafting engaging medium and long-form content
- A lifelong approach to learning that keeps you ahead of the latest content marketing trends and drives you to create your own best practices
- A results-driven focus that motivates you to produce content that’s not only enjoyable but also supports team KPIs like lead and revenue generation
- An appreciation for the power of simplicity and an ability to make complex topics easily understood
- A strong sense of ownership and a keen eye for details that most others would miss
- Superb organizational skills that ensure you meet deadlines and prioritize content projects effectively
- A growth mindset and plenty of creativity
Bonus points if you have experience with any of the following:
- Researching and writing for target keywords and topics
- Knowledge of how Google crawls and ranks content
- Posting to (and managing) B2B social media accounts
- Using tools like SEMRush, WordPress, Elementor, Google Analytics, or Adobe Creative Suite
Salary range: $45,000 – $55,000 annually
How to apply
Interested in this position but don’t feel like you check every box? If you feel like you meet the majority of what’s listed above, we still want to hear from you and review your application.
Please send your resume, cover letter and preferred pronouns to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered for this role.
Method is an equal opportunity employer for all — regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status or able-bodiedness. As part of our commitment to be an inclusive and accessible workplace, we’re happy to provide accommodations for candidates taking part in the selection process.