Method's customers are like snowflakes - each one is unique. Method's vision is to create a small business platform that is easily personalized for each of the companies that use it. A SaaS platform like Method comes with exciting and complex challenges.
We are on the lookout for a .NET web developer with significant experience, to join our team in a permanent role.
Product and company
Method creates web applications for SMBs (small and medium sized businesses). Our flagship product is Method:CRM, a web app made specifically for small businesses using QuickBooks accounting software, and was built entirely using Method's no-code platform. What sets Method apart is its patented accounting synchronization engine, and the capability it provides small businesses to fully personalize it to their unique needs. Method is a fast-growing company with a dynamic team located in the heart of Toronto’s entertainment district. We’ve recently been featured in TechCrunch, Forbes, National Post, Toronto Star, BetaKit and Techvibes, as well as in blogs and tech sites around the world.
Method's platform is so powerful that it has been used by winning teams in the QuickBooks Connect Developer Hackathon two years in a row!
Lots of opportunity - we're a VC-backed startup, with 1000s of paying users - serving the massive market that includes over 30 million small businesses in North America and around the world.
- Experienced veteran in the Microsoft .NET stack, including Visual Studios, C#, IIS, MVC and Web API.
- Excellent analytical skills such as planning and problem solving.
- A passion to create great user experiences on the web.
- Excellent grasp over SQL Server, SQL and ORM.
- Strong grasp over SoA and performance tuning.
- Strong OOD/OOP skills and an understanding of design patterns.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative, empowered, self organized team environment.
- An aptitude for learning and sharing new skills.
- Experience with AngularJS or other data driven frameworks to drive an immersive front-end experience.
- Experience with NOSQL, such as Cassandra or MongoDB.
- Experience with microservices and deployment stacks.
- Previous experience on CRM apps, accounting or financial applications.
- Experience with Git, Agile methodology and Scrum.
- Previous integration experience to third party apps like Paypal, LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or MailChimp.
- Fast growing, fun team environment.
- Small company experience – working for a 60-person company like Method gives you deep insight to the inner workings of how a small software company operates, as you will be expected to become involved in many discussions: from new product features, to marketing campaigns, to operational policies and procedures! It is the kind of experience you can only get from a small company.
- Great downtown location – Method is located right in the heart of Toronto’s young and vibrant ‘King West’ technology hub at the corner of Adelaide and Spadina Ave.
- Competitive salary with stock options.
- Health care and dental plan.
Visit our team page to learn more about who you’ll be working with: Meet The Team
To pursue this exciting and rewarding career opportunity, please send your resume and cover letter by email to:
We thank all applicants in advance, and will contact only those who we wish to interview. No phone calls or agencies please.
Method is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.