Senior Product Manager – CRM Platform
At Method, members of the Product Team are versatile. They are responsible for collecting and analysing customer pains, working with developers and technical leads on building out user stories, as well as driving user experience designs. Are you a Senior Product Manager that possesses the rare balance of product leadership and user experience design skills? Do you solve problems working from the customer back? Can you inspire your team to deliver world-class products?
As a Senior Product Manager at Method, you’ll work in partnership with customers, cross-team stakeholders, your scrum team, and members of the Product Team to build amazing product experiences. You’ll play an integral role in the company’s strategic direction, development and future growth, positioning the company as a leader in the emerging market category of personalized no-code platforms.
Product and company
Method creates web applications for SMBs (small and medium sized businesses). Our flagship offering is Method:CRM, a web application made specifically for small businesses using QuickBooks accounting software, and was built entirely using Method’s no-code platform. What sets Method apart is its patented accounting synchronization engine, and the capability it provides small businesses to fully personalize it to their unique needs. Method is a fast-growing company with a dynamic team located in the heart of Toronto’s entertainment district. We’ve recently been featured in TechCrunch, National Post, Toronto Star, BetaKit and Techvibes, as well as in blogs and tech sites around the world.
Lots of opportunity – we’re a growing VC-backed technology company, with 1000s of paying users – serving the massive market that includes over 30 million small businesses in North America and around the world.
- Create a crisp value proposition.
- Ensure that all departments are ready to support the new product offering within the context of their organizational responsibilities.
- Be a key contributor to product definitions and enhancements based upon feedback from internal and external stakeholders.
- Retire products, if necessary.
- Prioritize your team’s backlog (containing both feature stories and defects).
- Drive the designs for your users stories.
- Drive the requirements for your user stories by collaborating with your scrum team.
Monitor external environment and anticipate potential disruption based upon:
- Have an opinion on where the industry is going and how we fit into it and win.
- Ability to “fill in” on a temporary basis for any role that might be missing in order to properly support a product’s life cycle.
- When applicable, write blog entries on the company’s blog.
Skills and Qualifications
- Able to prioritize, and communicate resource trade offs that best serve our customers, our company objectives, as well as team engagement.
- A leader who empowers, and inspires.
- A collaborator who excels at giving and receiving feedback.
- Exceptional listening, written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent at building and maintaining relationships.
- Excellent at time management and multitasking.
- Bachelor’s degree in either computer science, engineering, business, or design.
- 7+ years in progressive software roles.
- 5+ years in either a Product Management or a User Experience Designer role.
- Working in an Agile development environment.
- Design tools such as Photoshop, InDesign, UXPin, Balsamiq.
- Bonus: Experience at a SaaS (Software as a Service) company.
- Bonus: Experience building CRM or ERP functionality.
- Fast growing, fun team environment.
- Growth-stage experience – working for a 50-person company like Method gives you deep insight to the inner workings of how a small software company operates, as you will be expected to become involved in many discussions: from new product features, to marketing campaigns, to operational policies and procedures. It is the kind of experience you can only get from a small company.
- Great downtown location – Method is located right in the heart of Toronto’s young and vibrant ‘King West’ technology hub at the corner of Adelaide Street West and Spadina Ave.
- Competitive salary with stock options.
- Health care and dental plan.
Visit our team page to learn more about who you’ll be working with: Meet The Team
To pursue this exciting and rewarding career opportunity, please send your resume and cover letter by email to:
We thank all applicants in advance, and will contact only those who we wish to interview. No phone calls or agencies please.
Method is an equal opportunity employer.