Intermediate Full-Stack .NET Developer
Method’s customers are like snowflakes – each one is unique. Method’s vision is to create a small business platform that is easily personalized for each of the companies that use it. A SaaS platform like Method comes with exciting and complex challenges.
We are on the lookout for a .NET web developer with at least 2 years of experience, to join our team in a permanent role.
Product and company
Method creates web applications for SMBs (small and medium-sized businesses). Our flagship product is Method:CRM, a web app made specifically for small businesses using QuickBooks accounting software, and was built entirely using Method’s no-code platform. What sets Method apart is its patented accounting synchronization engine, and the capability it provides small businesses to fully personalize it to their unique needs. Method is a fast-growing company with a dynamic team located in the heart of Toronto’s entertainment district. We’ve recently been featured in TechCrunch, Forbes, National Post, Toronto Star, BetaKit and Techvibes, as well as in blogs and tech sites around the world.
Method’s platform is so powerful that it has been used by winning teams in the QuickBooks Connect Developer Hackathon two years in a row!
Lots of opportunity – we’re a VC-backed startup, with 1000s of paying users – serving the massive market that includes over 30 million small businesses in North America and around the world.
- 2+ years experience in Microsoft .net stack, including .net Core, C#, IIS, MVC and Web API.
- 2+ years experience with SQL Server and Micro-ORM, such as Dapper.
- Good grasp over SOA, Microservices, and Messaging Architecture.
- Good OOD/OOP skills and an understanding of design patterns.
- Good with Unit Testing and Integration Testing.
- Fluent with Git source control, and GitHub.
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative, empowered, self-organized team environment.
- Excellent analytical skills such as planning and problem-solving.
- A passion to create great user experiences on the web.
- An aptitude for learning and sharing new skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Experience with Linux and Docker.
- Experience with React, Redux, or AngularJS.
- Experience with MassTransit or NServiceBus, and RabbitMQ.
- Experience with AWS Cloud.
- Experience with MongoDB, ElasticSearch, and Redis.
- Experience with Continuous Delivery pipeline, TFS, Jenkins, Test Automation, and Katalon.
- Previous experience on CRM apps, accounting or financial applications.
- Experience with Agile methodologies, such as Kanban or Scrum.
- Fast growing, fun team environment.
- Small company experience – working for a 50-person company like Method gives you deep insight to the inner workings of how a small software company operates, as you will be expected to become involved in many discussions: from new product features, to marketing campaigns, to operational policies and procedures! It is the kind of experience you can only get from a small company.
- Great downtown location – Method is located right in the heart of Toronto’s young and vibrant ‘King West’ technology hub at the corner of Adelaide and Spadina Ave.
- Competitive salary with stock options.
- Health care and dental plan.
Visit our team page to learn more about who you’ll be working with: Meet The Team
To pursue this exciting and rewarding career opportunity, please send your resume and cover letter by email to:
We thank all applicants in advance, and will contact only those who we wish to interview. No phone calls or agencies, please.
Method is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.