Method is looking for a Digital Designer with a passion for user experience, visual storytelling, conversion rate optimization, performance metrics, and analytics. This unique role at Method will be responsible for the technical and graphical aspects of building and maintaining all our websites, landing pages, and marketing designs. The Digital Designer will be part of the marketing team and report directly to the Director of Marketing.
Product and company
Method creates web applications for SMBs (small and medium-sized businesses). Our flagship offering is Method:CRM, a web application made specifically for small businesses using QuickBooks accounting software. What sets Method apart is its patented accounting synchronization engine, and the capability it provides small businesses to fully personalize it to their unique needs. Method is a fast-growing company with a dynamic team located in the heart of Toronto’s entertainment district. We’ve recently been featured in TechCrunch, National Post, Toronto Star, BetaKit and Techvibes, as well as in blogs and tech sites around the world.
Lots of opportunities – we’re a growing VC-backed technology company, with 1,000s of paying users – serving the massive market that includes over 30 million small businesses in North America and around the world.
- Design, develop and update websites, landing pages and digital ads
- Create and improve existing websites including wireframes, prototypes, style guides, user flows and user experience
- Manage and optimize navigation, landing pages, website calls-to-action (CTAs), and lead-generating forms
- A/B tests for campaign specific landing pages to achieve conversion goals.
- Track and analyze key KPI’s related to multi-channel funnels, assisted conversions, and top conversion paths.
- Develop a reporting dashboard and provide reporting on a daily and weekly basis to internal stakeholders.
- Use qualitative and quantitative sources of data to develop and execute a conversion rate optimization strategy and testing plans.
- Develop hypotheses and build and execute A/B or multivariate tests according to the optimization strategy and testing plan.
- Use an iterative approach to optimization, continuously taking test results and data into account in formulating new tests and hypotheses
- Monitor industry trends and new product offerings to stay up to speed and ahead of the competition
- Produce innovative visual concepts and presentations to support sales and marketing initiatives
Skills and Qualifications
- 1 – 2 years of experience in Graphic Design
- Strong sense of curiosity that pushes you to read, ask questions, research, and dig deep into what gets people to act
- Past experience with web analytics, A/B testing, marketing tactics and growth hacking
- Good time management skills, with a self-starter mindset
- Experience working within an agency environment is an asset
- Experience using tools such as Sketch, Illustrator, Photoshop, InVision, Unbounce, WordPress, Indesign, Adobe XD
- Understanding of front-end languages: HTML5, CSS3
- Experience creating wireframes and prototyping tools
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficient in Google Analytics, Google Optimizer, Google Tag Manager
- Proficiency with CrazyEgg tracking and analysis and other CRO technologies Optimizely, Hotjar, Visual Web Optimizer, etc.
- Google Analytics Certification is a bonus
- Experience using major web content management systems including WordPress
- Fun team environment.
- Small company experience – working for a small company like Method gives you deep insight to the inner workings of how a software company operates, as you will be expected to become involved in many discussions: from new product features to marketing campaigns, to operational policies and procedures! It is the kind of experience you can only get from a small company.
- Training – You will receive initial and ongoing training on Method’s products, policies and procedures.
- Great downtown location – Method is located right in the heart of Toronto’s young and vibrant King West technology hub.
- Competitive salary with eligibility for employee stock options.
- Health care and dental plan.
Visit our team page to learn more about who you’ll be working with: Meet The Team