Content Marketing Manager
Method’s customers are like snowflakes – each one is unique. Method’s vision is to create a small business platform that is easily personalized for each of the companies that use it. A SaaS platform like Method comes with exciting and complex challenges.
We are on the lookout for a Content Marketing Manager with 3 to 5 years of strategic experience to join our team in a permanent role.
Product and Company
Method creates web applications for SMBs (small and medium-sized businesses). Our flagship product is Method:CRM, a web app made specifically for small businesses using QuickBooks accounting software, and was built entirely using Method’s no-code platform. What sets Method apart is its patented accounting synchronization engine, and the capability it provides small businesses to fully personalize it to their unique needs. Method is a fast-growing company with a dynamic team located in the heart of Toronto’s entertainment district. We’ve recently been featured in TechCrunch, Forbes, National Post, Toronto Star, BetaKit and Techvibes, as well as in blogs and tech sites around the world.
Method’s platform is so powerful that it has been used by winning teams in the QuickBooks Connect Developer Hackathon two years in a row!
Lots of opportunity — we’re a VC-backed startup with 1000s of paying users, serving the massive market that includes over 30 million small businesses in North America and around the world.
As Method’s Content Marketing Manager, you will plan and create content that will attract visitors to our website and be used at tradeshows and events, as well as by our sales team. Your goal will be to educate our audience about what we have to offer and contribute to our efforts to convert visitors to leads and eventually to paying customers.
The content you’ll create and help promote will be instrumental in guiding prospects through various stages of their journey to subscribe to our software while establishing Method as a thought leader in our market. You’ll help create blogs, eBooks, whitepapers, case studies and more.
- You will take ownership over the content planning and execution for the marketing team. This means setting the overall messaging, and creating a plan for delivering that message in collaboration with the rest of the marketing team. It also means leveraging data and industry trends/news to help us make informed decisions.
- You will own the voice, tone, and style of all written brand content across all channels including content, web, email, and social.
- You will manage and maintain strong working relationships with internal stakeholders across the organization, as well as outside vendors and partners.
- You will write all of our content across all channels and mediums and have the ability to manage contract writers and designers where appropriate.
- You will keep up with industry trends, pain points and thought leadership that drives content creativity and engagement.
- You will track and report on content effectiveness across all channels and the impact of content on our sales pipeline.
- You will keep up with competitor content development and recommend tactics that drive our ability to own the category.
- You will develop an in-depth understanding of our buyer by conducting regular research through surveys and empathy sessions, thus ensuring their goals and challenges are well-understood and documented.
- You have excellent writing and editing skills and can transport yourself into the mindset of target customers to write relevant content.
- You understand all the stages of the sales and marketing funnel and have experience creating content that helps fuel growth.
- You have 3 to 5 years experience defining and managing content strategy for a B2B or tech company and have no problem with writing most of that content yourself.
- You can balance writing in a creative, witty, elegant and technical tone.
- You are naturally data-driven: you know how to measure your content’s effectiveness with the right metrics and would like to dive into data to help us optimize our content’s performance.
- You are comfortable with marketing technology including Google Analytics, WordPress, CRM and Marketing Automation Platforms.
- You understand the world of keywords and their impact on SEO and SEM. You are comfortable gleaning insights from tools like Google Keyword Planner, SEMRush, etc. You know how to leverage these insights to make your content more effective.
- You like owning things and delivering results. Large projects don’t scare you because you’re a pro at planning and prioritizing. You’re comfortable with making recommendations and providing direction.
- You’re highly adaptable and collaborative. You enjoy working in a fast-paced environment within cross-functional teams.
What are the challenges?
- As with any role within a fast-growing SaaS business, you have to be able to flex to changing business priorities — so if you are adaptable and can embrace change, then you will thrive in this environment.
- Our structure is relatively flat and non-hierarchical and egos don’t fly here, so no job is too big or too small. We all work hard to make the business successful, so you’d better get ready to roll up your sleeves!
- Expansion is a major theme. We face new situations and market opportunities which we have not previously encountered. There aren’t always someone’s footsteps to follow, so you will need to be able to work as a pioneer, carving the path and sharing your learnings with your colleagues.
- Fast-growing, fun team environment.
- Small company experience — working for a 60-person company like Method gives you deep insight into the inner workings of how a small software company operates, as you will be expected to become involved in many discussions: from new product features to marketing campaigns to operational policies and procedures! It is the kind of experience you can only get from a small company.
- Great downtown location — Method is located right in the heart of Toronto’s young and vibrant ‘King West’ technology hub at the corner of Adelaide St. W. and Spadina Ave.
- Bike-friendly — interior bike locker room, great for cyclist commuters.
- Competitive salary with stock options.
- Health care and dental plan.
Visit our team page to learn more about who you’ll be working with: Meet The Team
To pursue this exciting and rewarding career opportunity, please send your resume and cover letter by email to:
We thank all applicants in advance and will contact only those who we wish to interview. No phone calls or agencies, please.
Method is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.